“What a difference from Residence Inn Mission Valley (San Diego)!”

Residence Inn San Bernardino
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Having just spent a night in another Residence Inn, with a hard as a rock bed, shoddy linens, paper thin walls, and horrible customer service, I was thrilled to see Residence Inns were really as nice as I'd remembered them to be. The bed was SO comfy with clean linens. The room was spotless. The staff was courteous, going out of their way to provide early check in, wake up calls with a snooze and when the elevator was out of order, they were lightning quick to help get my luggage down three flights of stairs.

Would I return here? You bet!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2009

The location is what you would expect from a residence inn. Adjacent to elephant bar bj's and costco. The evening snacks were generally good although no beer or wine was available. The am complimentary breakfast was average or less. old fruit,bad coffee and dehydrated eggs. the gym had non functioning air conditioning.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank sunfunlasvegas
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Visited Residence Inn San Bernardino for a graduation weekend at nearby Loma Linda University. Harriman Place is convenient to several restaurants, stores and businesses and is surrounded by an assortment of corporate office buildings. The area is safe enough to walk at night, but who goes to So. Cal without a car?
The hotel is well situated and has a indoor pool, workout room, breakfast bar (with weeknight snacks and manager's reception). They fire up the BBQ on the small enclosed lanai at least once a week for burgers and hotdogs, all complimentary, of course.
The rooms are very good sized (our two bedroom apartment could have easily slept 6), with a full kitchen, all utensils, etc. for extended stays. If you need to pickup supplies there's a Sams Club directly across the street.
The staff, from front desk to maids were all friendly and went out of their way to assure we had a great stay. Our room on the third floor, of the four floors, was super quiet and made for a restful stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NaKoa
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We booked this hotel when the extended family got together for a wedding. The beds were sooooooooo comfortable. The linens were the nice kind, soft and covered. (NOT those icky contaminated useless bedspread things that who knows who used for what). Pillows were great with an assortment of loft offered. The sitting room in the room and in the lobby were both comfortable for family gatherings of various numbers. The eggs and sausage and bagels and fruit and juices and "make it yourself" waffles were worth getting out of bed for.... We walked to shopping. Later we drove up to Kimberly Crest to view the historic areas in Redlands for a nice interesting walk. This was perfect for us. Staff was curteous, fireplace was nice. Would definitely recommend this to friends and family. We packed 6 adults into a 2 room suite, and did well.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We booked the Residence Inn San Bernardino well in advance of our stay after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Our main destination was to Oakland and San Bernardino was about halfway.

We checked in early afternoon and was told our room would be ready shortly. We were given the room number and went to see the room The maid had just finished and let us come in. It was quiet, away from traffic and we headed down to the desk to get the keys. The first clerk was gone and a woman, named Nikki ,checked us in. We were given a different room and inquired about it. She told us that the room and others we requested were blocked off. Our room was on the end (401) next to a busy street and we could hear freeway traffic. We were up most of the night and had a long drive to Oakland the next day.

When I checked out I saw the original desk clerk and told her about the situation. She said the hotel was about 80% full and we should have been given a room at the other end, which was quiet. I also told her that the carpet in the bathroom was soaked and no effort was made to dry it before we were given the room. We used the hair dryer and towels to soak it up. We were told the manager would be contacting us. So far, no response.

On our return home we continued to the LA area (Marina del Rey) and stayed for 3 days at a Holiday Inn Express. It was a little bit further of a drive, but close to the beach and so quiet. We just joined their Priority Club and were given an upgraded room. I have belonged to Marriot's club for years, spent many nights in their hotels and have never been rewarded that way.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 17, 2008

We stayed here for one night on our way to the ski resort Big Bear. It was comfortable in the room even though it was a little cramped for 5 people and 2 queen beds. The restaurant/bar nearby was a little loud and you could hear people outside. There are several shops and restaurants nearby so it is convenient. The beds were very comfortable.

The next morning there was plenty of great berakfast food like sausage, eggs, waffles, yogurt, fruit juice, and other items. It was stocked with plenty of food and one of the better free breakfast buffets I've eaten at a hotel. I would definitely consider going back here if I was out that way.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Onesmallrat
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Attempted to get a reservation here two weeks in advance on-line, but was told "no availability". So, made a reservation @ the Fairfield across the street instead. Two weeks later at the end of Oct., we show up @ the Fairfield where we had confirmation for a King with sofa, refrig., etc. for 2 nights, with requested lower floor. Instead they sent us up to the top floor to a room that had 2 Queens stuffed in it, no sofa or anything other than bed to sit on, no refrig. or anything. I immediately went back to desk with my confirmation in hand and was told because of the "Fires" that's all they had. That ticked me off as I pointed out that I had my confirmation before the fires even started so why didn't they give who ever came in after the fact the room they were trying to stick me in instead of giving them my confirmed room? She called the manager who tried to sell me the same crap, I explained I specifically confirmed weeks in advance because of medical tests for wife @ Loma Linda Hosp., and needed a sofa for her to sit on and a refrig for her water, etc. But they held their ground, said they'd charge me less for the less expensive room. I said that wasn't good enough, this has never happened to us on a confirmed reservation and that we do write reviews @ TripAdvisor dot com! Well, "Poof" ...that was apparently the magic words as they immediately shifted gears, called across the street and set us up with a ground floor suite where we originally tried to get @ the Residence, plus only charged us for the confirmation rate at the Fairfield. The Fairfield & the Residence are owned by the same outfit. Anyway, guess it helps to prevent downgrades on your confirmed reservation by letting them know it will come with a bad review here if they do!

The Residence was great, the only reason I can't give this an overall 5 Star is because the supposed unavailability when I tried to make a reservation, yet I got in anyway via the snafu at the Fairfield. Great staff all around including the maid. They printed me out directions for barbershop, some specific stores, etc. Better than usual breakfasts, even had complimentary lite evening meals available that looked good, but we really like the Elephant Bar next door so we passed on those.

We come to this area once or twice a year, and have tried many of the hotels in the area without really finding one worth coming back... this is without a doubt the best one in the area. Sam's Club is across the street and Costco is on the street behind... for cheapest gas choices in the area. Very quiet, comfortable, friendly, & great location off the freeway and close to Loma Linda Hosp. The Residence will now be the one we return to.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree by Hilton San Bernardino
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands

Been to Residence Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!