Attempted to get a reservation here two weeks in advance on-line, but was told "no availability". So, made a reservation @ the Fairfield across the street instead. Two weeks later at the end of Oct., we show up @ the Fairfield where we had confirmation for a King with sofa, refrig., etc. for 2 nights, with requested lower floor. Instead they sent us up to the top floor to a room that had 2 Queens stuffed in it, no sofa or anything other than bed to sit on, no refrig. or anything. I immediately went back to desk with my confirmation in hand and was told because of the "Fires" that's all they had. That ticked me off as I pointed out that I had my confirmation before the fires even started so why didn't they give who ever came in after the fact the room they were trying to stick me in instead of giving them my confirmed room? She called the manager who tried to sell me the same crap, I explained I specifically confirmed weeks in advance because of medical tests for wife @ Loma Linda Hosp., and needed a sofa for her to sit on and a refrig for her water, etc. But they held their ground, said they'd charge me less for the less expensive room. I said that wasn't good enough, this has never happened to us on a confirmed reservation and that we do write reviews @ TripAdvisor dot com! Well, "Poof" ...that was apparently the magic words as they immediately shifted gears, called across the street and set us up with a ground floor suite where we originally tried to get @ the Residence, plus only charged us for the confirmation rate at the Fairfield. The Fairfield & the Residence are owned by the same outfit. Anyway, guess it helps to prevent downgrades on your confirmed reservation by letting them know it will come with a bad review here if they do!
The Residence was great, the only reason I can't give this an overall 5 Star is because the supposed unavailability when I tried to make a reservation, yet I got in anyway via the snafu at the Fairfield. Great staff all around including the maid. They printed me out directions for barbershop, some specific stores, etc. Better than usual breakfasts, even had complimentary lite evening meals available that looked good, but we really like the Elephant Bar next door so we passed on those.
We come to this area once or twice a year, and have tried many of the hotels in the area without really finding one worth coming back... this is without a doubt the best one in the area. Sam's Club is across the street and Costco is on the street behind... for cheapest gas choices in the area. Very quiet, comfortable, friendly, & great location off the freeway and close to Loma Linda Hosp. The Residence will now be the one we return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Hotel is the only extended stay property in the Inland Empire. Our suites are approximately 50% larger than your standard hotel room. All of our rooms feature a fully equipped kitchens and separate living room areas. We also offer a complimentary hot buffet breakfast and evening social hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Residence Inn San Bernardino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Bernardino Hotel San Bernardino
- San Bernardino Residence Inn