“Great vegetarian options” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lotus Garden
Ranked #87 of 305 Restaurants in San Bernardino
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Bernardino CA
“Great vegetarian options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Lotus Garden has wonderful and plentiful vegetarian options from sweet and sour "faux" chicken to Kung Pao "chicken." The egg rolls are wonderful, the portions large, and the service is good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mlmcconn

Katy Texas
“Best Egg Rolls Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

On a miserable 9 hour drive from Lemoore, CA to Escondido, CA (Presidents Day traffic) in desperation we needed to get off the I-210 for a pit stop in San Bernardino. Selected an off ramp onto a street with nothing but residence after residence. Finally saw the Lotus Garden and pulled in, ordered Egg Rolls to go (thankfully as it took 4 hours more to get to Escondido). Long story short, these were the biggest and by far the best egg rolls I have ever eaten (and I have eaten a lot) in my 70 years. Wish this place was here in Houston! Thanks Lotus Garden for a bright spot in my otherwise grueling day!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tradervicky
Midwest
“Average Chinese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Our hosts took us here for dinner on a business trip. Between six of us, we each ordered a different entree, ranging from chicken curry to orange peel beef, and shared. None of the dishes stood out. Everything was OK, but nothing spectacular. Your typical Chinese restaurant. Service was good, though - our server was attentive, and checked on us continually.

Visited January 2014
cool
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great food, great service, great place to eat. I had a lunch special and could not finish it there was so much food. The atmosphere is heavenly.

Visited August 2013
Redlands, CA
“Lackluster food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

It had been many years since I last ate at the Lotus Garden but as it's the only Chinese restaurant in the area (known to me) that isn't fast food, I thought I would try it again. They offer a buffet lunch, which failed to impress in the past, or regular table service and we opted for the latter. The shrimp portion of the shrimp with lobster sauce was very good; however, the sauce was really funky. I cannot think of another adjective to aptly describe it. I wondered if what I was eating was going to make me deathly ill as it had such an odd taste. Fortunately, it did not but the concern put me off. My companion ordered shrimp egg foo young (yung?) and, like me, enjoyed the shrimp but the egg foo young consisted of thick pancakes, that were way too dense. They were closer to hockey pucks than light pancakes! Sadly, I guess I will wait another 5 or more years before trying the Lotus Garden again.

• Visited August 2013