“Consistenly xlnt”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Either the buffet or the dining room have friendly staff, fresh everything, layer and layers of far-east flavors. Those spicy green beans go with everything.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Although they gave us all our food for free (inc our takeout), I never go back again. I was chewing on a cigarette butt.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Went there for Valentines day and did not have to wait too long to be seated. The food was very good.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

I was surprised to read the negative reviews. They are simply not justified. I've been a customer for 10+ years and I've had nothing but great service and quality food. Even though, I've only tried their vegetarian options, I have friends who have tried the non-vegetarian options and they thought the food was delicious. In fact, a classmate of mine (from China) had her wedding reception there. She was impressed with the quality of service. She also said that although the food is not "authentic Chinese" cuisine, she really loved it. If you're vegetarian, I would recommend the "Vegetarian General Chicken", "Veg. Sweet & Sour Chicken", "Pan Friend Noodles( it comes with veggies)" , "Veg. Eggplant entree" or "Egg Fooyan" (sp?).

1  Thank HoneyNut0317
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I used to come here for the buffet so I thought I'd try the restaraunt. It was terrible. My wife and I ordered from the Lotus Garden special dinner. The standard spring roll, crab wonton (good), tempura shrimp, chicken in foil, and strip of beef came out first. The beef was huge... and stringy and tasteless. First suggestion - half the beef and double the quality.

Then the main course - I had mu-shu pork and my wife had lemon chicken. I don't know what was in the mu-shu but it was woody and the fibers kept getting stuck between my teeth. It had very little flavor until I poured the plum sauce on. The lemon chicken was overcooked and the batter was chewy. Despite being served with a vivid yellow sauce it had very little flavor too.

The service was also below average. I saw one patron served egg drop soup with the side of his bowl covered in spilt soup. The guy filling our glasses spilled most of the water on the floor. Thank goodness he had moved away from the table to fill the glass.

The meal was $40 and wasn't even worth half that.