“Rude Service (or better yet, LACK of Seervice!)...”
Review of Le Rendezvous - CLOSED

Le Rendezvous
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Inland Empire, California
“Rude Service (or better yet, LACK of Seervice!)...”
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I had read the reviews, I knew how "great" this place was supposed to be, so I made Valentine's dinner reservations for my wife and me about a week in advance. This was to be our first Valentine's together as a married couple, so expense was no object (the set menu was $75 per person). We were really looking forward to it!

Well, I have never felt more "invisible" in a restaurant setting!!! We were seated, and that was it...

We watched as at least three couples who were seated AFTER us received water, bread, champagne, etc. Nobody even looked our way!

After 15 minutes of sheer invisibility, I watched several people who were seated after us order their dinner from the limited Valentine's menu. That was it -- we left (again without anyone saying anything to us!).

Do yourself a favor and skip this place. I have never felt more ignored, unwelcomed, and overlooked!!!

3 Thank vintage_cal

Redlands, Ca
“Best French food in the area”
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We have eaten here for many years, and our son and daughter-in-law (who is French) celebrated a pre-wedding day dinner here. Run by a delighful family, and food is consistently good. Check out their special wine dinners.

2 Thank lespes
San Diego
“Best restaurant in San Bernardino and local mountains”
Reviewed February 5, 2009

My parents live in San Bernardino, so we visit several times a year; locals know this as the best restaurant in the area. Owned by a charming French family, the husband cooks, the wife hostesses, and the teenage children sometimes wait tables. Recently remodeled on the interior, this is a great restaurant for a nice meal, reasonably priced (entrees with soup or salad vary from ca. $18-30). My favorites are the rack of lamb and the sea bass provencale (a frequent special), but really everything is good here. There are special prix fix meals on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day, and occasional special wine tasting meals as well. For those on their way to or from Lake Arrowhead and the mountains, the restaurant is a few short blocks from Highway 18, at the foot of the mountains.

2 Thank AWoodsSanDiego
Southern California
“Occasion restaurant”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

This is the restaurant locals go to for special occasions. The food is delicious. The atmosphere is lovely, with low lights and a French county decor. They have a good wine list. The service is always good. The only drawback is the restaurant's odd location, in a residential neighborhood, not easy to find if you don't know where you are going.

2 Thank kschroed
California
“Fabulous French Cuisine”
Reviewed April 6, 2008

This is an amazing restaurant. Excellent fish preparations. Desserts are fabulous too, some nights they even offer a great souffle. Owners are very nice. We stop by every time we are in San Bernardino. Bon appetite!

1 Thank coastalCoder