“What Food in Heaven Must Taste Like”
Review of Le Rendezvous - CLOSED

Le Rendezvous
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

(October 2011.) Well, that may sound extreme, but my taste buds were certainly in heaven on the evening we ate here. We used a Groupon (I like those things!) The restaurant looks rather ordinary on the outside, as I recall, but it has a very nice atmosphere inside. The recipes are French, and so are the prices, but the meal is worth it. I had the Veal & my husband had the Filet Mignon. Everything was spectacular. Eat slowly for best effect. Taste every bite. Soon after we visited, another Groupon became available. Heard this restaurant changed hands, so I'll add another review after we visit again. I expect it to be as good. :)

1  Thank JustMamaAnne

Reviewed May 18, 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews, my wife and I (visiting from out of state) decided to try this place for our 27th anniversary. I booked it 2 days in advance and mentioned it was a special anniversary dinner. We arrived and were acknowledged by 2 employees at separate times about 1 minute apart. It appeared these were the only 2 employees working as we were told to wait a couple of minutes (we had a reservation and the restaurant was nearly empty on a Friday night) - first clue. While waiting, I took a look at the reservation and they did note it was a special night for us but never acknowledged it once. 15 minutes later one of the employees FINALLY returned to the lobby and seated us. We mentioned we were about to leave and were told that they were preparing for our arrival. (Are you kidding me). Another 20 minutes passes before our order was placed. The food was very good, but when you pay $30 for a steak, you would normally expect service to match the price. The staff was courteous but that was the only appealing trait I found. Would never go back or recommend. I understand they are under new ownership (about a year and a half). I'd be surprised if the place is still in business in another year.

1  Thank JJ_Denver33388
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Fantastic dinner at Le Rendezvous. Veal and beef dishes were excellent. Great, elegant service. Well trained staff. Decent prices for what we received. Give them a try for a special occasion!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Even simple Lentil Soup is a gourmet adventure here. Wine list had what I like. Relaxing but elegant.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We all usually go to some 'fancy pants' restaurant in Los Angeles or Hollywood for our annual Christmas dinner. I suggested we stay more local and go here. I was met with much more trepidation than expected, but everyone agreed in the end, Boy, was EVERYONE pleasantly surprised! They had their 'Special Holiday Menu', but the selections were fantastic and EVERYONE enjoyed every last bite of their meals. Their deserts were also first rate. A pleasant time was had by all and there was a full house that night. I would STRONGLY suggest trying out this little gem hidden on the way to Arrowhead! Right off Highway 18 (Waterman).

2  Thank Ali C