“It was Mother's Day, with no reservation and still....”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Redlands, California
“It was Mother's Day, with no reservation and still....”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My daughter and I had decided, after enjoying a Sunday morning 'snuffle' (dutch for sniffing out bargains) at our local swap meet, that we were hungry! We both felt that it would be impossible to find a table at a restaurant, it being 11:30am on Mother's Day, but we chanced it with Mimi's.

We were told that there was a 45 minute wait, but then Stephanie came back a little bit later and said "If you would like to sit outside, we can seat you now!" Since we were rather under-dressed, considering it was Mother's Day, we agreed quickly! It was a beautiful day, as many are in Southern California, and the table was set in the shade.

We were greeted by our server, Karin, and the pleasure continued! We were served promptly with coffee, and then after our order, it came just at the right time...just after I finished opening my gift from my daughter! The food was delicious (I had the quiche, my daughter, a burger), and served at just the right temperature. From the beginning to the end of the meal, Karin stopped by to make sure all was well, and to keep my coffee cup full!

We have visited this Mimi's before, both together and with other friends, and with very few exceptions, have enjoyed great service and delicious meals! The 'bonus' on my receipt to follow online with a survey, and the reward a choice of free muffins or chocolate croissants, is always an incentive for next time. On one visit, there were no croissants available, but our server on that occasion offered frozen, unbaked ones....and it was fine with us....we baked them fresh at home on another morning! On another visit, we had so many dietary restrictions among our group that would make a normal happy experience impossible. But our server cheerfully offered selections, and modifications on menu items, that satisfied all of us!

My advice is that if you are unsure what you want to eat, but are hungry and in the area, stop in to this restaurant, you will not be disappointed! For dinner, my favorite is the Coq au Vin, but the Bouillabaisse is also delicious! And these are both available on their 3-course dinner for 2 menu....and do not forget to check your sales receipt for the survey....it has delicious rewards!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kmarq55

San Bernardino, California
“Great Eggs Benedict”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to different locations an I always order the Egg Benedict. It is always excellent an tasty. Nice to be able to count on it being consistent . Service is always pleasant too.

• Visited September 2013
“New menu fewer choices”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We've been going to Mimi's regularly since Marie Callendar's in Redlands shut down. Our experience today, sadly, had signs of another restaurant that is giving up. Their new menu has fewer choices and my favorite bistro meals are gone. The turkey dinner remains but quality was off - the dressing was soggy and off-tasting, the green beans barely warmed. On the up side the waitress was cheerful and attentive, as we have come to expect. I hope this was a blip and not a trend.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Bruce W
Monrovia, California
“great fish”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The dinner white fish with brown rice and vegetables was delicious. Nice staff and good service. It was a surprise to want to eat hot food on a very hot day, but it was a good choice.

Visited August 2013
Redlands, California
“Good food, helpful employees”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We enjoyed a supper with four friends this past week, and enjoyed both the food and the experience. Our group includes ones with different diet restrictions, from low-fat to vegetarian, and the waitress helped find good choices for everyone. The manager came to our table to advise us of an item they were out of, and recommended an excellent alternative. The food was well-prepared and tasty, and the prices good. We will return!

• Visited August 2013