“They are not vegetarian serve real meat!! The are a scam!!”

Happy Family Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 317 Restaurants in San Bernardino
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 2, 2014

As I and a couple vegetarian friends walked out if the business we noticed the kitchen staff throwing some boxes out through the back door we were shocked to read the content of the boxes. It was real boneless Pork !! from a distributor named SB pork!! That's why the food tastes like real meat because they manage to sneak the porks skin into their food!!! Of your vegan ir vegetarian avoid this restaurant!!!!

3  Thank johnbhsb

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were invited by a friend. I didn't know what to expect. I ordered a mushroom dark sauce plate. My wife order the eggplant. Our friend order a "shrimp" dish. All, we agreed were fantastic. I will return soon. Eating here is an adventure in vegetarian food at very reasonable prices. By the way, our dishes came with soup and egg roll, both excellent. As my mother always said, "Try it, you'll like it." ....or love it.

1  Thank MrLouMinnesota
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent food with a zillion options. If you're a vegetarian, this is a must-visit. And If you're not, you'll enjoy it as well. Service was cheerful and timely. The round family-style table was great for our family. We'll be back.

1  Thank TCKtraveler8
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Since I'm a vegetarian, going out to a restaurant can sometimes be a hassle, since I have to always ask questions like "is the broth vegetable or chicken," "can you make it without the meat," etc. Going to this restaurant takes this aggravation away. In addition, the food is awesome. I had the mock beef with broccoli, and the texture is just like the real beef (without the cholesterol, etc.!). Prior to that, I had ordered the chicken and mushroom, which was delicious. I loved their soups as well-- very flavorful. They also serve brown rice, which is a nice alternative to steamed white rice. The desserts are also vegan, so you can still indulge. I liked that they list the ingredients on there dessert menu, so if you have a food allergy, you would know. In addition to all of the above, the prices are VERY reasonable! We went twice for lunch, and couldn't believe the tab. Next time I'm in San Bernardino, I'm eating there again!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my second time going and it was just as good as the first time. They use the freshest of ingredients. I had the tofu 'chicken' with orange peel sauce accompanied by brown rice. It was also served with a spring roll & a choice of two kinds of soup. Very tasty!
The restaurant is very clean and the decor is of the orient. The menu is extensive. They staff greets you upon entering and the service is very quick & attentive. I love indivdidually owned restaurants so it looks very basic from the outside (strip mall type). The parking is plentiful - small amount in front with a larger parking lot in the rear.