See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2018

DO NOT STAY HERE, i am not a high maintenance person what so ever, even when i read bad reviews i will always be skeptical and i always want to look for myself and its usually good enough for me. not this one.. the pictures they are showing on their web page are not real!.. trust me.... it is the most filthiest, disgusting, falling apart place i have ever stayed at in my whole life. and this is my first review ever.. so this is what to expect..
Elevator-- disgusting! stained floors ( like vomit), i believe the doors opened before the elevator actually stopped. there was a trash can next to the elevator and it was overflowing with trash bags and i could see restrooms trash bags
HALLWAY- again, stained disgusting floors as if ppl have been throwing up for years and nothing has been done.
WALLS- Dirty and stained as if they have never been cleaned in 100 years
ROOM- everything in the restroom was hanging on by a thread, by pulling the toilet paper, the thing fell apart, the shower curtain pole was probably just put up for looks and not screwed in. MOLD everywhere, the ceiling was stained with black dots no idea what it was and falling apart..restroom door did not close since the doors are wood and it might have termite because its missing part of the door. this includes the door to the room.... i didnt even shower there.. i honestly want my money back and this hotel needs to be shut down.

the morning of checking out i let the clerk know of everything because they do hold a $100.00 deposit for incidentals and i didn't want to be charged for it and this is what he said as he cut me mid sentence " yeah yeah the cleaning lady will know whats broken already'.....i was in awe with his response..

HORRIBLE PLACE!!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank mariaiflores
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Thank you for your review and comments regarding our elevator and shower. We hope you'll return in the future to see how we continue to improve our Hotel and hospitality.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at hills garden ( they are changing the name so be careful ) weather was 99 degrees we arrived to the hotel no a/c in the lobby no water to cool you down. Ice machine not working the room was filthy the bathroom smelled like mold. We purchased the hotel with continental breakfast, they don't offer that just to let you know. Things are falling apart here. Go to motel 6 I'm sure it will be much cleaner.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica f
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Jessica f,

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We take all reports of lacking service and your suggestions for improvement, particularly those that you have raised. We greatly appreciate your time in bringing a number of important matters to light and we hope that you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next stay with us. Kind regards.

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hills garden in San Bernardino, and I can honestly say it's not worth the money. The rooms TV channels are horrendous. And the breakfast is a joke!!!! The rooms are fairly big, and the bed is comfortable. The staff is very nice in a no nonsense way, but they are still pleasant. The housekeepers there are professional and the view is amazing. I haven't stayed in a suite yet, but I do want to. If their breakfast wasn't so crappy for such a nice hotel it would be alot better.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria R

Dear Maria R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy the breakfast options, and I want to let you know that we take your suggestions to heart and are reconsidering the available choices. Reviews like yours are extremely helpful in our ambition to continuously improve upon the guest experience and I hope you'll return to see how we grow and evolve.

Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a night and the hotel was pretty cool. The breakfast can be improved a little. The lady at the check out area kept me company and was nice when my friend left and i was waiting for my uber. They had internet. Nice mountain view. Private balcony. Close to walmart if you need anything. Room was clean. I would visit again.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Dyneequa L,

Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

So one of the house keepers my the name of sweetie was helpful and made sure my stay went great and made he feel at home all my questions or anything they helped with so I didn't have to wait long or feel like I was a bother

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank M R

Dear M R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and to acknowledge the efforts of our hardworking staff to be as accommodating, helpful and welcoming as possible. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities.On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!