“Not impressed”

Dining options: Lunch
Socal
“Not impressed”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

First thing - Ray's Downtown Deli is in a bad part of town. I don't recommend walking there and be careful when you leave and return to your car. I didn't feel safe.

Ray's is cavernous - plenty of seating here and yet the ordering area is tiny. I ordered a ham grinder special and zuchini but when I placed my order I was told their frier wasn't working. Looking closed it didn't look like it had worked for 20 years. It was an antique.

The grinder was very average - nothing special about it at all. I could have got the same thing or better from any Subway. The potato salad was very good - no complaints there. The special also included a small soda. So for my $8 I got an average ham sub, some potato salad, and a soda. I've had better.

• Visited June 2011