“favorite burrito shop in the 909”
Review of Rosa Maria's

Rosa Maria's
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is the first(and best) of four resturants they have. BEST lunch you can have
McCall, Idaho
“favorite burrito shop in the 909”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

love coming here!!! it is a must whenever we are visiting the area each year! it was always a great option when i was living down there! the homemade tortillas are an extra special touch that i especially love! the passion for their food and culture is clear in the product!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lostintheamazon

Gadsden, Alabama
“Average”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Good homemade tortillas, but overall just an average burrito. I ordered the meat, bean, rice, cheese burrito as recommended by other reviewers and just wasn't anything better than I can make at home.

Utah
“As good as I remember”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Rosa Maria's is the type of Mexican food I grew up with and love. The Garbage burrito is a specialty. I recommend the meat, bean & cheese burrito. Delicious.

Visited December 2013
Fullerton, CA
“Good food, terrible place, and high prices!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I constantly look for the restaurants with high ratings in the area to try. By the way, this restaurant was located in Redlands, CA and not San Bernardino as it is listed above. I went over there for lunch and didn't leave, thinking that I'd be back there again. First of all, this was one of the smallest restaurants I've ever seen. I don't know why they didn't make it a "Take Out Only" just like some Pizza Huts do that are designed for take out only.
A total of 5 very small tables with 10 or 12 chairs! The place was packed and I wasn't sure to stay or come back some other time, since the outside temp was about 96 degrees and not a chance to sit outside and eat my Mexican food. So, I decided to order and hope one of the small tables would become available which it did.
The cashier who was taking my order was so robotic looking, sounding and acting, and on top of that very unfriendly and serious, almost mean! I explained that it was my first time there and needed a little more time (there was no line of people behind me). Anytime, I passed through that obstacle and waited for a long time for the food to show up. I ordered 3 different items, 2 out of 3 were good and to be very clear, the portions were not even close to call huge! Not that I'm a big eater, but apparently they don't believe in serving you with large amount of food especially the beef enchilada looked like a happy meal and was the smallest one of the three. In conclusion, the food was generally good but small and overpriced, the place was definitely a hole in the wall, and the greeting cashier was absolutely not a good welcome sign. I paid $11.61 including tax for one small beef taco, a chile relleno and a miniature beef enchilada. Believe me, that is too much to pay for this kind of food especially in that area, I'm a regular at a lot of different restaurants there and have learned the value vs. price concept.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ajam R
Mission Viejo, California
“Take Out As It Should Be”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Rosa Maria's on Sierra is a lone gem in a city that has its challenges. After all, San Bernardino just topped the list of worst dining in the country. And the city is currently in bankruptcy proceedings. So maybe that is why Rosa Maria's is such an important part of life there. The area needs more restaurants this, staying true to their great food and a winning brand.

On our journeys from Orange County to Lake Arrowhead, we often call ahead for our order to be pickup up. No need to leave your name, they assign a number to your order for efficiency. Burritos are filled in soft, doughy flour tortillas. Call your favorite fillings and it is made to order. Meat, rice and cheese for me, but their beans are tasty too. At the window, be sure to ask for three or four hot sauces for each burrito. It is the best sauce on the planet.

Back in the car, the eating ritual begins. Bite, add sauce, bite again, burn, add sauce, bite and repeat. It is take out as it should be. Thank you Rosa Maria's for being there.

• Visited August 2013