“Good Experience”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Good Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

N34 04.162 W117 16.700 - Stayed four nights. I found the staff to be friendly and capable.

The room was clean, the bed was good but the pillows were too soft. The shower was good and I never noticed it competing with other rooms for pressure or hot water. I stayed on the second floor (rm 210) and never heard anyone stomping around above me or out in the hallway. Now that I think of it I never really heard any outside noise either. The heater/cooler/blower provided good white noise. - You do not need to bring your own fan.

The room offered both free wifi and lan cable connection and I was able to use both at the same time. I never experience a slow connection problem on wifi while watching netflix on my Kindle Fire. My room may have been close to the signal point.

Breakfast was adequate although it would be nice if it was available earlier, like 5am. The coffee was excellent. There are many, many restaurants just a couple minutes to the East. That area is modern, clean and I never once felt unsafe. (Maybe that's why the road through there is named Hospitality Lane) If you are using a gps, do a search for Olive Garden and then head in that direction.

Drove the 210 everyday during morning and evening rush hour and never experienced any delays even though there was some construction areas reducing lanes. I found the locals tend to drive five to ten miles under the posted speed limit but always kept moving. Also very courteous.

The ONT Airport is about 20 minutes away and there was very little traffic when I left at 3:30am. (No surprise there). Highway 10 has signs saying which exit is for rental car returns but once you exit there is no sign saying where to go from there. Turn left/south. If you have a gps it's located at N34 03.570 W117 34.623. Had to wait about 20 minutes for the airport shuttle which took another 15 minutes to get there. I would recommend a minimum 2.5 hour arrive-before-take-off for this airport.

I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here on a Friday night,had to work Saturday . Clean, basic, sterile facility. Staff were nice and professional. Bummer was breakfast was not available early Sat morning and everything is far away, must drive a ways for water, food. The bed and pillows were sub par and the lighting in the bathroom is blindingly bright. Did not love this place but it served me well for my business trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 6, 2013

no running water, with alarms going off all night. did not get any sleep. staff was horrible, not trained, not trying to make anyone feel better. only nice thing was the breakfast staff colleen and mala, they were awesome. everyone else, even the general manager joseph didn't try to make anything better. they have a satisfaction guarantee, but when i asked about it, no one had an answer, on what would happen if i wasn't satisfied.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank A L
Keene, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The service was impeccable, the staff was professional, helpful and very personable. The facilities were very clean and it was just an all around great experience. The bed was really comfortable, the pillows were so soft. The TV was great although the guide didn't tell you what was showing, just the channels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view facing the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I spent one night in a double room with or son and nephew. Check in was a breeze. The room was larger than expected, very clean and comfortable. The hotel is located right off the freeway in a very quiet area. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Murrieta, California
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the whirlpool suite. Nice rooms. Nice hotel. The ONLY complaint are the feather pillows. They compress so much I needed 4 to make two regular pillows. Woke up extremely sore. Staff was friendly and checkin took under 60 seconds.

• Stayed December 2012
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This facility is located right off of I-10 in San Bernardino and adjacent to Loma Linda. Since this is not a destination or resort type area, I suspect most travelers are in town for a meeting or just passing through. In either event you likely arrive by car and you are likely going to find a shortage of parking. I arrived on the afternoon of 12/13/2012 around 4:00 PM PST and found only 1 space open in the entire parking lot and it was at the extreme far end. I point that out because it was raining heavily.

So I walked in the door wet, tired from about 10 hours in the air, and two hours of LA traffic to top off the aggravation factor.

I was greeted immediately, efficiently checked into a very clean and comfortable room at a very moderate rate (for California). My aggravation started to ebb.

I found the bed comfortable and I slept well which is uncommon for a first night away from home.

I'm an early riser and usually hit the gym first if where I am staying has one. This facility does and it's well equipped and very clean. I was quite surprised because the quality and quantity of equipment available here exceeded many far more expensive and well known places.

In the morning my associates and I enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet with made to order omelettes.

FYI. Wi-Fi is included in the room rate and although the speed suffered from the traffic while I was there it still worked well enough to get the job done. If you've read any of my other reviews you'll note that I have a very strong opinion that Wi-Fi needs to be included as part of the room rate. I actually check that before making a reservation and more often than not will avoid a place that wants to charge for Wi-Fi. Are you listening Hyatt???

So, what started out a little rocky turned out to be a very good experience. I will stay here again on my next trip into town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
#1 of 9 in Redlands
Residence Inn San Bernardino
Residence Inn San Bernardino
#8 of 32 in San Bernardino

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!