“Charming Inn in a Charming Little Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of San Anselmo Inn

San Anselmo Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 San Anselmo B&B and Inns
Bend, Oregon
“Charming Inn in a Charming Little Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here because there was nothing affordable in Sausalito and we didn't want to end our Hwy 1 adventure with a Best Western. This is the ONLY place to stay in Anselmo, a very small town, where you stay if you need to be in Marin for other reasons (like hike at Point Reyes or Muir woods--which is exactly why we stayed here---plus, it's not terribly far, under an hour, from the San Fran airport).

This is a b and b, rather than a hotel, with nicely decorated rooms. The bathrooms are bright and clean (we had our own, but you could get a room with a shared bath--those were not so bright), but the Jacuzzi tub wasn't working when we were there (and it looks like it never works, so don't stay here for that reason). The women at the front desk were VERY helpful (one printed our boarding passes for us and gave us detailed directions to the airport--thank you!!), and the breakfast IS sumptuous! The innkeeper provides newspapers to read with your breakfast, too (to me, this is a wonderful addition). On weekend evenings, there is wine tasting and appetizers.

Great place to stay if you want to be in the center of Marin county.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StaceyLeeDee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Really basic rooms and hallway was a little run down.

Breakfast was plentiful - there were several varieties of quiche when I was there. There was also an apple pastry dish and other baked goods.

Chocolate chip cookies are set out in the evening.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank lexaopi9
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The central part of Marin has few hotel options and most are in the budget category. The San Anselmo Inn is a nice alternative and best of all is located right in the heart of San Anselmo, a charming little California town. San Anselmo is full of boutiques, restaurants and bars and also offers some good bicycling options.

The Inn itself is not luxurious but offers good value. I had some issues with my room which was due to the fact that my room was in the very back of the Inn. I had no Wifi service in my room and the alley way in back was noisy. My room was nice, and the bathroom was recently upgraded. I did not have a chance to try the breakfast unfortunately.

Room Tip: I had room 35 in the very back which I would not recommend.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gearhead85
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Yes, It happened again.....Once again I was made to feel like family at the San Anselmo Inn and boy am I ever grateful. Not only is this Inn beautiful, cozy and comfortable but it is immaculately kept. When I arrive I feel as if I am coming home. This past May we were traveling in celebration of my birthday. Our friends had flown in from back east to join in the fun. We all stayed at the San Anselmo Inn and found it convenient to all of our sightseeing excursions while allowing us to return for quiet evenings in the town of San Anselmo. I plan to make this my home away from home whenever I am in the San Francisco area. Well appointed rooms, Wonderful breakfasts and warm friendly people at a fair price... I need look no further...

Room Tip: Discuss whatever request you have with the management. If they can help you they will go out of thei...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dlh560
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Such a charming inn - and in a very pleasant town - flowers everywhere. Patti made the best breakfast and did some special cooking for one of our friends from Australia. We recommend this B&B for its charm and relaxing environment - very friendly!

Room Tip: Front rooms are the best - avoid the back (near the noisy alley).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel45963
Conyers, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our first experience with a bed and breakfast, and it was so nice. The staff, Patti and Diane, were so very friendly and helpful. Our first night was certainly less-than-perfect: We had an upstairs, way-in-the-back room. I had actually gotten the last room when I made the reservations. The bed wasn't very comfy, room small, very noisy alley below the window. This just wasn't the room for two senior citizens with bad backs and knees! When I mentioned this to Patti at breakfast, she told us right then that she was moving us downstairs to a king room. She showed us the huge room with king bed right near the front desk and we immediately fell in love with it. We went off for some sightseeing, and the staff moved our belongings to the new room for us. Wow, you just don't get service like that from some big chain hotel.

And the best thing of all...Patti's breakfasts are to die for. Homemade muffins of every description, homemade quiche, tons of fresh fruit and, of course, the chance to get to know Patti. Also, Diane was quick to help any time we needed anything.

Thanks, Patti and Diane, for making our visit so pleasant.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the alley! Also, be aware some of the rooms do have to share ba...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Anselmo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very lovely place, and nice friendly staff. Easy access to public transportation. The breakfast buffet is very good and they keep the place charmingly decorated. I recommend staying at this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Anselmo
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn
BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to San Anselmo Inn? Share your experiences!