“Fabulous Food!”

Insalata's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Insalata's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in San Anselmo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Barber
Transit: Sir Francis Drake at Barber
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Admittedly, the atmosphere seems a bit "corporate chic", but the food at Insalata is out of this world. We went for brunch and my husband got the homemade corned beef hash. I got eggs benedict. Both were absolutely amazing, with the corned beef hash boasting fresh roasted vegetables and a dijon mustard sauce to die for and my eggs benedict arriving on a freshly baked biscuit. Seriously great twists on some standard classics made Insalata a stand out. We live 1,700 miles from here, but we can't wait to come back!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Insalata's rarely disappoints with a fresh, seasonal menu of Italian/Mediterranean dishes featuring seasonal ingredients and a great wine list. Great atmosphere for those special occasions or for just a "nice dinner" - one of the better choices in Marin.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went with my girlfriend for a last minute lunch. I had mussels and fries, it was very good but would've liked it better if it were steaming hot when it was served. Next time I plan on having what my friend ordered. I was surprise she ordered it but it's her favorite. (lentils, couscous, roasted squash, spinach w/a yogurt sauce over it. Dessert and coffee was delicious... Can't wait to go back. Also, they have a deli area to purchase for home!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Insalata's is perfect for a quiet lunch or dinner in a spacious, casually elegant room under the glow of huge paintings of fruit by artist Laura Parker. The menu leans toward the Mediterranean—the Middle Eastern Inspired Vegetarian Platter is delicious, as good as we've had anywhere—but ranges beyond to beef, lamb, duck, chicken, and fish. Those we've tried have been consistently tasty and carefully prepared. A thoroughly enjoyable restaurant.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Definitely one of the best in Marin (unfortunately, that's not saying much). Not a large menu, ubt the tiems are creative and executed flawlessly.
The service is highly professional and friendly.
Good value.