“Fair and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in San Andreas
Anaheim, California
“Fair and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Got a good nights sleep and an extra towel from the friendly staff. Quiet on the nights we stayed. Rooms on the pool side were remodeled and comfortable. Few TV channels but not an issue as we weren't in the room much.

Room Tip: Get a room on the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank s_anaheim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Istayed in the Motel with my Fiancee and we was very surprised how clean and nice the Rooms are.the outside from the Motel was also very clean.The Personal and the Owner are very nice People and i will tell all my friends what a nice Place this is now.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Tammy492678
North Highlands, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at the Black Bart Inn so we could attend a concert in nearby Murphys. I was disappointed that the pool was closed as I intentionally got there early so I could get some pool time. When we got home from the outdoor concert we wanted to take showers before going to bed. We couldn't figure out how to turn the shower on. We are both intelligent people, but some rocket scientist designed that apparatus and even the next morning we couldn't make it work. A call to the office at 7:30 am went unanswered, so I ended up taking a bath (ugh!) and my boyfriend barely managed to kneel in the tub and bathe. My honey is 6'9" and the queen sized bed was a little awkward for him, but not too bad, and was clean and comfortable. The TV only had about 6 or 7 channels, and no cable TV at all. The Inn is very reasonably priced and if you are looking for no frills and a quiet location you may want to consider the Black Bart Inn, but ask how to operate the shower when you check in.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — shower didn't work, pool was closed
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank DPinNorthHighlands

Travelers are raving about these San Andreas hotels

santa clara, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

I was stuck on how to rate this motel so suffice it to say, I'm stuck between an average (3) to an above average (4). I was concerned about this property after I had made a reservation and then found a forum note about it being a bad place to stay. I looked at the pictures on the website and opted to give it a chance anyway.

I chose one of the better rooms, a newly remodeled room. I was pleasantly surprised at the size and the furniture. It was a nice room for the price. The bathroom and vanity fixtures and tile were all nice, new and clean. The amenities were small but we just needed some place to sleep. It was quiet enough to do this but with the anticipated rain and/or snow, we turned on the heater which was a problem.

Here are the only two problems I found staying at this hotel:

1. The woman checking us into the hotel was having phone troubles because of the storm. She said the phone line was out and she couldn't run my credit card until Monday or Tuesday when she anticipated the lines being back up. The problem? She asked us if we could go to a nearby ATM and bring back cash. I said no, that we couldn't do that and that was when the remark about running the card at a later day came up. I didn't think that was appropriate.
2. The fan/heater in the newly remodeled room. This was a new fan/heater you could tell that by looking at it. The noise this machine made was incredibly loud. We had the heater on while we were out of the room so that it would be warm when we got back. It was incredibly hot by the time we got back and turned on the fan. It wasn't quick enough to be cool and we had to leave it on for awhile. It was quiet enough outside for a Saturday night around 11 pm but the fan was too loud. We had to turn it off and then turn it back on for air in the middle of the night. This was inconvenient.

If I had to stay here again, I probably would but only during a time that didn't require heat or cold or have a different room with a different fan/heater. I liked the room. It was large enough for us. The area was great. There was a bar close by and we stepped out for a beer and while it was all locals and felt out of place, we had a good time listening to bad karaoke, too loud music and people playing on pool tables. All in all, it wasn't too bad!!

• Liked — Clean room, new bathroom tile and fixtures, large area to spread out
  • Disliked — The fan/heater in the room - loud, noisy and not very user friendly
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Murphys Suites
Murphys Suites
#2 of 4 in Murphys
4.0 of 5 stars 177 reviews

Been to Black Bart Inn & Motel? Share your experiences!