“a little bit of good, a little bit not”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #120 of 320 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 23, 2014

hubby and i stopped in for breakfast on a sunday mid-morning on our way down south.

when they called our name, they said 'party of 4,' so we didn't respond. about 7 minutes later i thought i should check to see where our name was on the list, only to see that it had been crossed out. i told the gal, we were a party of 2, and we did hear them call our name but they had called a party of 4. she sat us right away. needless to say i am so glad i checked...or we might still be waiting!!

i do wish i could give a 3.5 cause breakfast was awesome! it was the best IHOP breakfast i have ever had. i had the bacon temptation omelette and it was excellent. tasty, fresh, full of bacon. hubby had the hearty ham & cheese omelette and he said there was almost too much stuff in it.

i have to give a 3 because: our coffee carafe ran out of coffee. i didn't push it cause we still had many hours on the road ahead of us. the sourdough toast was white, not toasted at all. and the person buttering the toast, barely touched any butter to the bread. i couldn't eat it. and it was too cold to melt any additional butter on it. ask for another batch? we'd be done with our breakfast by the time it arrived.

jonathan, our server was exceptional. he was wonderful.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I used to love IHOP but the quality of food and service doesn't make me want to return.

I was across the streeet at the hotel on business and 2 of us ventured over for breakfast. No one there at 7:45am on a Wednesday. I see why.

The service was slow, the staff were busy chatting. They were very pleasant when serving us and prompt with anything we requested but very slow to deliver breakfast.

We both had pancakes, eggs and meat. Quote from my co-worker - "the pancakes were so dry they nearly choked me." We had a good laugh at the sausage. The pictures showed these nice, large, meaty sausages. The reality was about a fat pencil diameter. Maybe 2 bites.

2 breakfasts, 1 iced tea (which was above average) and 1 juice came to over $30.

I don't know know why anyone would go there. The people were coming in as we left about 8:30 so maybe it gets better with a crowd.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Liked the variety of food choices for breakfast...was not as clean as I would expect...but not horrible. Crepes were good.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We usually stop at IHOP restaurants when we drive between northern and southern California. The IHOP in Salinas was the worst I've ever experienced. We had to walk around the restaurant to find someone to seat us, ditto for taking our order and bringing the check. The food was sub-par, and I'm talking IHOP standards, not fine dining.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a rushed meal with family on Sunday morning. The restaurant was packed and it took about 30 minutes to be seated. The food was good and they put a rush order for us to make a light.

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!