“Seafood with a difference” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Salinas, California
“Seafood with a difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

The Golden Fish is owned by a family from El Salvador and features their national cuisine. The food is fresh and the service is friendly and efficient. They remember the names of regulars. I really like their lobster bisque soup, and they manage to provide it, even on the days when it's not the soup of the day. One of our local favorites.

Toronto, Canada
“Greasy and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

I was on my way the Monterey Coast Brewery, and much to my demise it was closed. I cannot roam with my Blackberry while in the states (From Canada, and mobile roaming charges are insane), and therefore could not look up another restaurant in Salinas, I was on Main Strreet and figured I would 'wing it' I ended up in an empty seafood restaurant that smelled like fried oil, actually the smell was quite overpowering. The food was.... OK at best, the washrooms are not on location, you actually have to go out a back-door and into another building to use the bathrooms... If I were to rate this on a scale of 1-10 as a seafood restaurant... I give it a 4. If I were to rate it as a fast-food greasy spoon - I give it a 5. The best thing I can say about the place is that the service was friendly.

1 Thank flamemax