“passing thru”

Best Western Salinas Monterey Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed January 7, 2014

extremely convenient , ramp to hwy 101 right there, MCDonalds and ARCO station right there. Hotel very clean, quiet, personnel very friendly and helpful. I recommend this to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Peter P, Manager at Best Western Salinas Monterey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for the kind review. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Salinas!.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We chose this location as we was driving through to go to Big Sur, in the south. The bottle of water upon arrival is truly an excellent detail that they offer. The room is very average. It was a convenient location to stay and get some sleep. We attempted to go to a convenience store to get more drinks, but turned around and came back to hotel, as we felt uncertain about our safety.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoosierGirl522

Thank you for your comments and we are glad that you got a great nights sleep.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I come to Salinas often for business, I saw best western off the highway next to a bunch of other hotels, we knew the best western name and decided to try it out. Upon arrival I was greeted by Larry who was rude and seemed to be hurrying up the process to just get me to my room, I had to ask about the amenities myself. The room itself was OK, except for the plastic covers on the bed kept me and my girlfriend up all night. The following morning the breakfast was not stocked up and looked half eaten and poorly set up. At checkout the owner or manager was there and when i Pointed out my concerns he seemed ccompletely clueless as to what was going on. he didnt seem to care much either. We should've stayed at the other best western or somewhere else, we'll never come back here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank robbyg408
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Provided more than what I had expected from a Hotel. Gave bottled water and breakfast. Everything was clean and was the best value for the price. My stay was short and simple, but it was the better of the hotels that I have stayed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Staff were excellent and accommodating. One lady even carried a microwave to our room herself as ours was not in operation. Got a slightly late check out after a late check in, and they did not rush me at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The location, service and quality of the room and appointments were excellent. I would recommend this hotel to my best friend. The staff's attention to the needs of the guests was amazing. My visit required that each day I had to leave the site before normal breakfast hours. There were about 8 of us staying there for the same reason. They made sure breakfast was out at 5 a.m. so we could get something to eat before we went off for a hard day working at the races.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This Best Western has a great staff. Very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a great location if you're visiting the Monterey area but don't want to pay the prices on the coast. It was clean and comfortable, had a pool, fitness center and a laundry. It could use a little updating but otherwise a good deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple