“Amazing and Dedicated Owners” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Amazing and Dedicated Owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

This is my second review for this Motel. Due to Tripadvisor restrictions, I had to have my first review deleted to update about my 3 month stay here.The reason I am writing it is because I have been here for three months and have seen a lot of what the Owners/Managers do to keep this place up. I am going to try to list all the improvements I personally have seen completed here.

When I first arrived, my first complaint was the slow internet. At that time it was at 0.25 Mbs. You could NOT watch Netflix, Hulu, or play online games. It was Horrible. But within the first two weeks of my stay, they had Macrotech out and upgraded their system to a full 1.0 Mbs connection! This is adequate for any standard online activity. Whether it be for watching Netflix/Hulu, Online Gaming (I have been playing WoW lately) or any standard Business needs. This was a much needed and welcome upgrade.
A week or so later, they had a paving company come in and re-surface (oiled) the parking lot and re-paint parking stripes.

Next thing I saw was that they removed the old patio area that was worn out grass and a couple small palm trees. It took about a week for a crew that was actually staying at this same motel to dig out all the old grass, relocate the palm trees and pour new concrete….. But they didn’t stop there. They actually gave the patio a patterned “rock slab” look and then stained the concrete, and sealed it. This is a VERY nice patio! I have watched guests use it every single day!

Next came in the carpet cleaners. They cleaned ever room over the period of about 3 days….

Then came some guys who pressure washed all the walkways….

Finally, last week they replaced the street water main… although I am unsure why they did this. Water pressure seems fine.

During my three month stay here, I have been in four different rooms. Each of these was very clean and well maintained. I had one issue where someone had removed a screw from the door latch, and one of the managers came and installed a new one immediately after I notified him.

While Every room has HBO, Room 210 has all the HBO channels. The rest only have HBO and HBO West. My stay has been wonderful, safe and exceedingly comfortable. If I could rate 4.5 stars I would. Since I have already rated this as 4 stars previously, I am going to rate it five stars this time.

One thing I REALLY like is that the owners care what “type” of clients they have stay here. You won’t find hookers, or any drug dealers here. The owners prefer working men and women like myself, families and “clean-cut” people. The quality here is not upscale, but the beds are wonderful none-the-less. You get four pillows on ever bed (five if it is a King bed).

My only complaint is that in my current room, 212, that the volume of this tv can only go to 18. I frequently have my door open to enjoy the fresh air, and this low volume setting (which can’t be changed) makes it difficult for a hearing impaired person like myself to hear the tv.

In Closing let me just say I “HIGHLY” recommend this motel. You WILL enjoy your stay, because the owners, Rick and Tina care very much.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Spacecased

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a planned bicycle trip. Below is a list of my positives and negatives:

Positives:
1) The location is near downtown. It is also an easy drive to Monterey.
2) The room was very clean
3) There was free parking in front of my room
4) The room size is adequate
5) The biggest positive is the staff. They were very nice. They credited me 15% due to the problems with the toilet.
6) The bed was satisfactory
7) The AC worked fine
8) The cable TV worked fine
9) The wireless internet worked fine

Negatives:
1) The toilet clogged all 3 days
2) The water in the sink went down the drain slowly
3) Housekeeping was only fair.
4) The breakfast was not good in my opinion

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

There was also a Super 8 across the street. That's the neighborhood it is and this property is about what you'd expect for that neighborhood. The breakfast room was very small without much to offer. Very weak orange juice. Coffee was pretty good.
When I first walked into my room I was overcome with a sweet aroma that I assume was trying to cover up some other much worse odor. The room appeared clean, but old and a little shabby. On the plus side, the shower was very good.
Lots of trucks stopping for traffic before entering freeway so you can hear them going through the gears. It's annoying, but after a while it just blends in with the background
Overall, for the price it was an okay value, especially not too far from Monterey Bay. Next time I might look around a little first.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Livermore, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

The beds were very comfortable. Comparable rates. The breakfast was decent for on the go eating. Staff was very pleasant. Noisy because it's by Highway 101, but they all are anyway. Choice Hotels are very consistent, I like that.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stayed two nights in this wonderful hotel on a business trip. The room was sparkling clean, sheets and beddings smelled freshly washed, the staff was very helpful and the room included a fridge and microwave!

If you know anything about Salinas you know it is impossible to find a hotel that is affordable without bedbugs and/or a prostitution ring, but this is one of them. I felt safe and comfortable for my entire stay and will reccomend this hotel to all of my friends and colleques.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Modesto, CA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

I have stayed at this Quality Inn now for work for the past 3.5 yrs. Very well run. The owners go out of their way to make you compfortable. Nice beds, pillows and compfter . Quiet. I have throughly enjoyed this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

its not fancy but a nice cheap place to sleep ...
it doesnt look much from outside and breakfast is crap so dont even try it..
but the rooms are fair enough clean and with hottub
montray hotels are expensive so for only 50 min drive from there its a better options...
not the best of hotels but it did the job

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple