“Traveler's Worst Nighmare”
Review of Salinas Inn

Salinas Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Lobby looked like walls had been patched from bad construction on worse.
Neighborhood is shabby and a bit scary, especially after dark.
Front desk clerk demanded credit card in case I (63 years old) destroyed the room.
Did not stay; hotel refused a refund.
This was a franchise; corporate takes little or no responsbility for quality of stay.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blissss
Devangshah, Manager at Salinas Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

Thank you for you comments, we appreciate your feedback. Your comments help us to provide better facilities and services for our guests. In 2010 our lobby was newly remodeled and is now completed. We do serve an expanded continental breakfast in our lobby from 7:00am to 10:00am each day.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Not the worst hotel I've ever seen, but we were very disappointed. The staff is friendly, but the "continental breakfast" was a joke and the highway noise is deafening.

1  Thank Sharch47

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate your taking the time to comment. We are a freeway location and have installed new thermal payne sound resistant windows. We are sorry for your inconvenience

Reviewed January 27, 2010

My husband and I were passing through Salinas during the holiday season, while visiting our family in the Bay area. We decided to make a stop in Salinas and spend the night at this hotel, located right off the 101. This hotel was very easy to find and despite of other reviews we read before coming here about the noise of the highway, it was not something we were bothered by at all. We were glad this place was right by the highway so that we did not have to drive through the streets to find it or anything. I recommend that if you want convenience, nice clean rooms and a friendly hotel staff, to stay at this hotel. When you walk into the room, you can tell they are newly remodeled with new paint and carpet. The hotel desk clerk was a nice young man who helped us with directions to find a nice restaurant for lunch nearby. I had a good experience at this hotel and will definitely stay here again this year when we visit our family again in the bay area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucky0709

Thank you for your comments we appreciate your business and your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible accomodations for the most reasonable rates and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2009

I was very surprised as i entered the room on how clean this really was. I had checked the reviews before arriving and they were not so good but i took my chances anyway. I was truly very comfortable. I was in town for a family event and this was the least expensive hotel I found (and with budgets a little tight these days) so I reserved it since it was only for a night I thought what the heck...but I was truly surprised and I will keep this place in mind for the future. Did I mention that the front desk were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2008

going back to salinas and it reminded me not to stay at this place again. right on the highway. noisy. management is nice but don't pick the 2 star priceline deal because this is what you get.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Bought two nights on Priceline and wound up with this hotel. Although not the worst I've ever been in, I wouldn't recommend it to others if you are used to a little higher end. I usually have no problem with two star hotels but this really shouldn't be considered two stars...more like one star or at best, one and a half. Although the linens were clean, bottom sheets were not fitted so they came undone; pillows really needed replacing, it felt like shredded foam inside. Toilet was not properly bolted to floor so it rocked when you sat down...a real eye opener when you had to get up during the night! Bathroom was realllllly small!
Housekeeping was subpar. Corners, along side bed and behind garabage cans not vacumned regularly. Entire motel extremely noisy since it is right along 101 although If you keep the air conditioner on, you can't hear the traffic noise from the highway. Lobby staff was nice upon check in and put us in a room "away" from the highway and did give us a room with two beds even though Priceline only guaranteed one bed. All in all, it was o.k. but certainly not worth $90 a night!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Booked this dump on Priceline which rated it at 2 stars.The office where the "free continental breakfast" was held was never open before 8 AM. Never used the breakfast because I had to get on my jobsite.I stayed 5 days and will never stay here again.Had to move due to ants in everything. Most rooms are less than 100 feet from the 101 and is noisy with mostly subsidized locals staying at the motel with their "friends" (read clients and/or suppliers)dropping in frequently. This is a no star hotel and would not be considered as a last resort ever.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business