“Comfortable, clean, and convinient”
Review of Salinas Inn

Salinas Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My husband and I were passing through Salinas during the holiday season, while visiting our family in the Bay area. We decided to make a stop in Salinas and spend the night at this hotel, located right off the 101. This hotel was very easy to find and despite of other reviews we read before coming here about the noise of the highway, it was not something we were bothered by at all. We were glad this place was right by the highway so that we did not have to drive through the streets to find it or anything. I recommend that if you want convenience, nice clean rooms and a friendly hotel staff, to stay at this hotel. When you walk into the room, you can tell they are newly remodeled with new paint and carpet. The hotel desk clerk was a nice young man who helped us with directions to find a nice restaurant for lunch nearby. I had a good experience at this hotel and will definitely stay here again this year when we visit our family again in the bay area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucky0709
Devangshah, Manager at Salinas Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

Thank you for your comments we appreciate your business and your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible accomodations for the most reasonable rates and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2009

I was very surprised as i entered the room on how clean this really was. I had checked the reviews before arriving and they were not so good but i took my chances anyway. I was truly very comfortable. I was in town for a family event and this was the least expensive hotel I found (and with budgets a little tight these days) so I reserved it since it was only for a night I thought what the heck...but I was truly surprised and I will keep this place in mind for the future. Did I mention that the front desk were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2008

going back to salinas and it reminded me not to stay at this place again. right on the highway. noisy. management is nice but don't pick the 2 star priceline deal because this is what you get.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Bought two nights on Priceline and wound up with this hotel. Although not the worst I've ever been in, I wouldn't recommend it to others if you are used to a little higher end. I usually have no problem with two star hotels but this really shouldn't be considered two stars...more like one star or at best, one and a half. Although the linens were clean, bottom sheets were not fitted so they came undone; pillows really needed replacing, it felt like shredded foam inside. Toilet was not properly bolted to floor so it rocked when you sat down...a real eye opener when you had to get up during the night! Bathroom was realllllly small!
Housekeeping was subpar. Corners, along side bed and behind garabage cans not vacumned regularly. Entire motel extremely noisy since it is right along 101 although If you keep the air conditioner on, you can't hear the traffic noise from the highway. Lobby staff was nice upon check in and put us in a room "away" from the highway and did give us a room with two beds even though Priceline only guaranteed one bed. All in all, it was o.k. but certainly not worth $90 a night!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Booked this dump on Priceline which rated it at 2 stars.The office where the "free continental breakfast" was held was never open before 8 AM. Never used the breakfast because I had to get on my jobsite.I stayed 5 days and will never stay here again.Had to move due to ants in everything. Most rooms are less than 100 feet from the 101 and is noisy with mostly subsidized locals staying at the motel with their "friends" (read clients and/or suppliers)dropping in frequently. This is a no star hotel and would not be considered as a last resort ever.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2008

this could be the worst motel in which i have ever have ever stayed!

filthy!

grimy!

noisy!

smelly!

and those are the good parts!

it's not too late to spend the night in your car.

at least the air conditioner worked well.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2008

It would be good for college students who don't care much about staying in a nice hotel, and are looking for a deal. The star system on Priceline is very suspect, I don't know how they can rate this hotel 2 stars, when it is regularly $52 per night, and the Holiday Inn in Paso Robles is also 2 stars at $237 per night.

I got scared after getting stuck with this hotel through Priceline and reading some bad reviews, a lot of them in fact. Several people had a problem with bad smells, but that was not the case for our room (240), and I have an extremely sensitve nose. It appeared clean, although I brought my own sheets. We were only passing through on our way home so we didn't need to use the shower. It didn't look dirty, just old, and you can see where they removed old glass shower doors. There was a refrigerator and microwave which was handy.

The neighborhood wasn't the best, they had a motion sensor and metal grate over the vending machines.The one thing that really bothered me was the fact that I called three days in advance to reserve a room with two queen beds in a room that didn't face the highway. When we got there around 8 p.m. they had switched my room with someone else, and had no explanation. The only open rooms not facing the highway were smoking rooms, and that would be even worse. Most of the hotel rooms face the highway as other people have commented on, but with the air conditioner running all night we only heard the large semi trucks. The air conditioning did work well.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family