“Basic, clean, spacious room”

Laurel Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had a king room on the main floor. It was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. A free continental breakfast was included. The receptionist was polite. I didd have some trouble using the cocmputer in the lobby. The clerk had to help. Then it was hard to see because the sun was glaring through the window and there was no blind. Took me threee times as long to do what I needed to do.
I chose this motel over others because I had read the tripadvisor reviews. I do have to say it was a bit of a 'let-down'. The cost was less than the motel I originally booked and that made it worthwhile.

Room Tip: get room on lower floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel_Inn801, Manager at Laurel Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Laurel Inn Motel during your recent visit to the Monterey Peninsula.
With so many motels to pick from, from are very appreciative that you chose us.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip from LA to San Francisco-$68 for a very clean and comfortable room with great wi-fi. Laurel Inn is an easy on and off from Hwy 101, but it is still very quiet at night. I am now retired, but when I was working I had to make many business trips to Salinas and I always stayed at the Laurel. I hadn't been at the Laurel Inn for a few years and I was pleasantly surprised at the improvements made to the property. It was always a good value, but now it is even better. For budget conscious tourists this is a great place to stay in the area since it is just a short drive to Monterey.

Room Tip: A first floor room in the corner is a good location.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

With so many motels to choose from we appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at Laurel Inn. Room was nice and spacious. Bed was comfortable and room was very clean. Price was very reasonable and near the Carmel/Monterey area. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank connieretired

Thank you for staying at the Laurel Inn Motel duirng your visit to the Monterey Peninsula.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we hope that you would choose us again when visiting this area.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

i'm a over the road truck driver so at times i've stayed at a lot of hotels/motels i had a two day lay over in salinas ca and decided to give this place a try..i first rented for one night because i wanted to see how the rooms were and to walk around the property i was pleased with what i saw an returned to the office to pay for the second night ..the staff was very friendly and cordial my room was very clean with very comfortable and clean beds ..the on property restaurant has some really fantastic good food...i will definitly stay here again and i highly recommend it to others..I noticed that some people complained about weekend events going on and the noise level i cannot comment on this because my stay was on monday-wednesday but what i do know is that even some of the more expensive hotels/motels at times have noisey guests especially when events are in town and this i know because i've stayed at a lot of them at different times during my 8 years of trucking across the usa

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank cjf t

We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and the accommdations that the Laurel Inn Motel has to offer.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just passing through on the way to San Francisco - great value, friendly, perfectly adequate. Would stay here again. Not necessarily a destination, but fine as a pass through. Padding here to hit the 200 character requirement. Jeez.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank sallyfouhse
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at the Laurel Inn October 19 and 20, 2012. There was some sort of Soccer tournament going on in the area and there had to be at least 50 kids staying there also. The kids were running around both nights until 11pm. A few of their parents were also hanging out with their doors open till early morning drinking and partying. I called the front desk to complain. They said they would take care of it but nothing happened. I should have called the cops. The walls at this place were very thin and you could hear your next door neighbors talking.

I wanted to save the best for last. I was staying in Salinas because I was driving my car at Laguna Seca Speedway. It cost a lot of money to reserve track time at this raceway. On Sunday morning before I left my friends and I went to the complimentary breakfast. After breakfast I returned to the room and my key did not work. Because I was checking out that day I thought maybe they expired my key early. I went to the front desk and they gave me another key. That key also did not work. I went back to the office and the woman at the front desk told me that something must be wrong with the door lock and that I would have to wait until maintenance came in so that they could let me in. It was 6:30 in the morning and maintenance didn't come in until 8am. She expected to me to wait an hour and a half twiddling my thumbs. She told me I could leave and that they could mail me my bags. That was crazy. I had my computer in the room and I was not about to leave such a valuable thing with these people. I asked her why she couldn't just lock the office and let me into my room. She told me she couldn't and that she had no way to open my door. At this point I started to become irate. I told her that they must have someone on call and that she better get that person here now. She eventually called someone. I had to wait another 20 minutes for that person to arrive. And guess what happened next. The woman at the counter reached under the counter and handed him a key. He then preceded to open my room. I was livid. She could have easily locked the door and walked 30 feet to my room to unlock it. One thing that I didn't mention was that there was a reason that I wanted to leave at 6:30 am. I was on a tight schedule at the race track and she caused me to miss my first session. Not only did I waste my money staying here but I also lost valuable track time on a trip that I was waiting for all summer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank truckeeguy
Reviewed October 22, 2012

found using reviews on tripadvisor.

Room was quiet and very dark with curtains closed, perfect for sleeping.

We paid $76 on a Fri night in October and the room was great, super clean, looked new, king sized bed firm. Even the towels were good. Although right by the 101 hwy it was very quiet and the room was very dark which helps my sleep. So happy about the low price and high quality. When booking online I chose a continental breakfast as well and the room where you eat is awesome, flat screen tv, arm chairs as well as tables. All the usual including frozen waffles and french toast. We are talking about going back there. We stayed in Salinas which is about 20 minutes from Monterey and we drove up to Santa Cruz to visit a friend which worked out so well.

Also, found a Starbucks and gas station very close. We are looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trissia W
Laurel_Inn801, Manager at Laurel Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you fo staying with us during your visit to the Monterey Peninsula.