“Great value for $”

Laurel Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just passing through on the way to San Francisco - great value, friendly, perfectly adequate. Would stay here again. Not necessarily a destination, but fine as a pass through. Padding here to hit the 200 character requirement. Jeez.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank sallyfouhse

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at the Laurel Inn October 19 and 20, 2012. There was some sort of Soccer tournament going on in the area and there had to be at least 50 kids staying there also. The kids were running around both nights until 11pm. A few of their parents were also hanging out with their doors open till early morning drinking and partying. I called the front desk to complain. They said they would take care of it but nothing happened. I should have called the cops. The walls at this place were very thin and you could hear your next door neighbors talking.

I wanted to save the best for last. I was staying in Salinas because I was driving my car at Laguna Seca Speedway. It cost a lot of money to reserve track time at this raceway. On Sunday morning before I left my friends and I went to the complimentary breakfast. After breakfast I returned to the room and my key did not work. Because I was checking out that day I thought maybe they expired my key early. I went to the front desk and they gave me another key. That key also did not work. I went back to the office and the woman at the front desk told me that something must be wrong with the door lock and that I would have to wait until maintenance came in so that they could let me in. It was 6:30 in the morning and maintenance didn't come in until 8am. She expected to me to wait an hour and a half twiddling my thumbs. She told me I could leave and that they could mail me my bags. That was crazy. I had my computer in the room and I was not about to leave such a valuable thing with these people. I asked her why she couldn't just lock the office and let me into my room. She told me she couldn't and that she had no way to open my door. At this point I started to become irate. I told her that they must have someone on call and that she better get that person here now. She eventually called someone. I had to wait another 20 minutes for that person to arrive. And guess what happened next. The woman at the counter reached under the counter and handed him a key. He then preceded to open my room. I was livid. She could have easily locked the door and walked 30 feet to my room to unlock it. One thing that I didn't mention was that there was a reason that I wanted to leave at 6:30 am. I was on a tight schedule at the race track and she caused me to miss my first session. Not only did I waste my money staying here but I also lost valuable track time on a trip that I was waiting for all summer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank truckeeguy
Reviewed October 22, 2012

found using reviews on tripadvisor.

Room was quiet and very dark with curtains closed, perfect for sleeping.

We paid $76 on a Fri night in October and the room was great, super clean, looked new, king sized bed firm. Even the towels were good. Although right by the 101 hwy it was very quiet and the room was very dark which helps my sleep. So happy about the low price and high quality. When booking online I chose a continental breakfast as well and the room where you eat is awesome, flat screen tv, arm chairs as well as tables. All the usual including frozen waffles and french toast. We are talking about going back there. We stayed in Salinas which is about 20 minutes from Monterey and we drove up to Santa Cruz to visit a friend which worked out so well.

Also, found a Starbucks and gas station very close. We are looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trissia W
Laurel_Inn801, Manager at Laurel Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you fo staying with us during your visit to the Monterey Peninsula.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We spotted this through trip advisor and it turned out to be as good as we expected.
Nothing fancy, but a well run, clean motel with better than average rates.
The front desk was efficient and friendly, the room was ready and clean, and everything worked.
The free breakfast the next morning was okay, but at these rates I did not expect a silver platter.
It cost about half what the other motels in the area did, and offered the same amenities.
If you want fancy, go somewhere else, but if you want a good bed for the night, nice people and a bargain, this place will fit that bill.

Room Tip: ask for off the highway...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

They had a good breakfast here, and the room was quiet and of a good size. The beds are quite hard, as many have already mentioned. Good WiFi connection (free!). Great location right off the 101 . We just stayed here for 1 night and it was a bit busy as a few sports teams were staying here, but didn't make the stay unpleasant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank S H
Laurel_Inn801, Manager at Laurel Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Laurel Inn Motel.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you are ever looking for an inexpensive place to stay in the Monterey area then consider this hotel. I searched many hotels in this price range and most have pretty negative reviews.Went with this one because of the positive reviews and was not disappointed!

The place is incredibly clean. The staff was warm and friendly upon both check in and check out and even gave great directions to the closest grocery store.My hotel room even had a gas fireplace!

The only downside is the neighborhood is a bit "iffy" so be cautious about locking your car door etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mary m

We appreicate you choosing the Laurel Inn Motel in Salinas.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Always clean and quiet. Close to freeways, shopping center, restaurants, 15-20 min. to Laguna Seca Raceway. No, it's not glitzy but safe and comfortable.
I like the rooms on the ground floor with outside hallways.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us on your visits to this area.