“Just OK sums it all.”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have to agree with the other reviewers. It's just an average restaurant. But the service was great from the hostess to the bus boys. Not really happy with our waiter, Nolan. We never got a refill on drinks ! We sat in the to-go area for 45 minutes because we didn't know the restaurant part opened at 4 o'clock. Although most of the takeout orders was the blacken chicken dish. So the wife ordered it and enjoyed it. I had the chicken marsala with penne pasta cream sauce and vegetables. Veggies were hardly steamed with NO seasoning and the chicken was grilled plain with a burnt tasted to it. Not recommending this or the salad balsalmic dressing with oil. Inside the seating area was not geared for a romantic setting. Zero ambiance ! Though the local wineries are referring Gino's because their wine was being sold there.

1  Thank DRDU

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was in Salinas on business and had dinner here. i expected more of a 'mom & pop' Italian restaurant and I was very surprised. The menu was much more varied, the evening specials were outstanding, and the wine list is deep with Italian wines fairly priced.

Great job by the wait staff, and Gina (Gino's daughter and current owner) was very friendly in helping us pick a wine. Thanks for a great meal.

1  Thank guitarbobsd
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I went here for lunch, at her suggestion, and to my surprise, I found it to be absolutely WONDERFUL. We both had the pesto bruchetta, and ceasar salad. Our waiter got " confused " a couple of times regarding who got what, but that certainly didn't take away from my experience. For those that wish, there is a full bar. Will DEFINITELY return!

1  Thank foxyteacher
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I made the sad assumption the yummy Italian restarant, Gino's, would have lasagne...Silly me! The pasta was full of tomatoes and low on flavor. The ambiance was low on light and full of people. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone! Sorry, the people were very nice, but the food was less than adequate.

1  Thank Playswithfood2
Reviewed March 8, 2010

After the reviews and anticipation... I couldn't wait to have dinner at Gino's.... It was ok.... not fabulous...not bad... just ok... after all I heard, maybe I had anticipated too much and had unrealistic hopes..... the staff was great and friendly... the food was fine... just not earth shattering hold on to your seats fabulous... making me want to travel 5 hours to come back for dinner again.