“Great Guides, Great Horses, Great Experience!”

Monterey Bay Equestrian Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Salinas
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer wonderful horseback rides along Monterey Bay. Our horses are well cared for and the guides are friendly and helpful. Our stables is located as published but our horseback rides on the beach are located at the Molera Lot of the Salinas River State Beach. It can be found at the end of Monterey Dunes Way. Please rely on the directions found using the map to the beach link on our website.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Guides, Great Horses, Great Experience!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my first time ever on the back of a horse with me actually holding the reigns. Our guides were excellent and were great about checking up on everyone and providing guidance when people needed it. The location of the ride was gorgeous and once we reached the beach we were able to spread out a little and ride in the surf. The horses were all really well cared for and it was just overall a great experience, I will definitely be going again! Don't miss out!!

1 Thank PenguinEspresso
Horseyeller, Owner at Monterey Bay Equestrian Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2015
Wow, a great review deserved a quicker response, sorry.

Chicago, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very good if not a little short.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our teenagers (16, 16, and 13) went on the 1 hour ride. They liked the horses, the path along the beach and the guide. The guide took shots of them with our camera which was nice. The left around 4:30 but were back at around 5:15. Not sure how that's a one-hour tour?

1 Thank cyfan2000
Horseyeller, Owner at Monterey Bay Equestrian Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I'm very sorry for the shortned ride. We pride ourselves on giving you the entire time on the horse. If you come ride with us again, We'll make it up to you.
New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My niece wanted to go horseback riding and I agreed to go with her. We had a great experience. The staff was able to fit us in with short notice. The horses appear to be well cared for and my horse was very sweet and calm. It was an overcast day, but we still had a great time. I was quite nervous as I have not been on a horse in many years - but the staff is very helpful and the horses know the route. It was a really unique experience!

1 Thank montereydream
Horseyeller, Owner at Monterey Bay Equestrian Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
thanks for your review. We hope to see you again.
Waxhaw, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL experience (inexperienced rider) !!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Riding a horse - on a beach at sunset - was on my bucket list. This is strange since I don't ride horses. But they are such majestic animals, and the thought was soothing. So, during a vacation to the Monterrey area, I talked my husband into joining me on this adventure of a lifetime (btw - he doesn't ride either). We booked a trip with Monterey Bay Equestrian Center. I can't say enough about how PERFECT this ride was. The booking process was easy. They knew we were inexperienced and matched us up with the right horses (Dekota and Honey), the riding instructions were excellent and the 1 1/2 hr ride could not have been better. LINDA, our guide, was excellent. She managed our inexperience along side another guest who was very experienced. All of us were happy in the end. Oh - and the location of the ride is beautiful. This trip will not disappoint you.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Laura D
Horseyeller, Owner at Monterey Bay Equestrian Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.
Garden City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great horseback riding in Monterey area”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I took our family ( us plus 4 daughters from 11-17) on a beach ride with Monterey Bay Equestrian. At first I thought the price was a little steep, but so glad we decided to splurge. We went out at 5:00 at night (5:30 by the time we were all saddled up) and rode until 6:30. The sun was low in the sky and the ride was just the six of us and our guide, Linda. There was almost no one on the beach, and we rode on the beach the entire ride. We were able to walk, trot or run with the horses and it wasn't the typical, stay in a line trail ride, that we have been on before. I got great pictures and at one point, the guide took my camera and got family shots of us that I will treasure. It was the highlight of our 10 day trip to California.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Sue C
I know it's been a while since your review but we really appreciate it.