“Delicious, fresh”

Yangt Se's Taste of Thai
Ranked #167 of 323 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The food was warm, fresh, delicious. The Thai House Shrimp & Chicken is slightly spicy and flavorful. I don't know whether the dishes are authentic, but definitely coming back!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Food is absolutely tasteless. These are NOT Thai food. I order the basic Pad Thai and it had no taste plus it was greases. I asked for hot sauce or paste, what I got was soy sauce with red peppers in it. Totally not a good presentation of Thai food. The name of this restaurant is misleading.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

When Yangste's first opened up, it was very good. It was owned by a Thai lady with Thai cooks. Then she sold it, and now the cooks are Mexican, sorry they can't cook good Thai!! Last time my freind and I were there two years ago, he actually had to put HOT SAUCE in his Tom Yum! And he is not a hot sauce kinda guy! We gave it one more try, and again, tasteless! We haven't been back since.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

The food is American with a taste of Thai bluntly put. The food is decent and my main hangup with this eatery is the price. Definitely expensive for dinner. Like most older Salinas restaurants, more of a lunch place.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

I remember this place being a great Thai Food Restaurant. I don't know if they changed ownership or cooks or even food products but their food is terrible now. I hate writing bad reviews because it's just not my nature but I have to say something. I hope they can re-form and bring back the authentic food they use to serve. If you do want to try this place out, I recommend the Caribbean Chicken. From what I remember it was still decent. The Orange Chicken and Noodle dishes are way below par though.