“Horrible Service”

Olive Garden
Ranked #46 of 318 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We were seated right away on a Friday evening at 5:15pm to be exact the served came to our table 20min after we were seated we order our drinks and 5min after they brought the salad and bread to our table we finished the bread and the salad and the ssrver finally brought the drinks after 20min passed so we order our food and I order more salad and bread so the salad arrived quickly 40min after our food arrived to our table I asked the server for A-1 sauce for my steak and I ask her again for more bread she said they had it already cooking it so we finish eating Nd neither my sauce and bread came to my table I was so angry of this terrible service my.check was of $85for a table of 4 I didnt left a tip because this server.didn't deserved it so I sign my receipt since I paid with a credit card and she gave me my receipt in a really bad way and she was so mean to us im glad I didnt left a yip and I usually leave good tips this restaurant needs proffecional servers or at least classes of how to be polite and have a customer happy. not planning to go there again.

Paso Robles, California
“Average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Service was poor, also how can you be out of coke/pepsi? there's a bar there for goodness sakes. Someone was to lazy to change out the tank....

Visited December 2012
Monterey, California
“Avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

ZERO STARS!

October 12, 2012 6:00- ish = a 45 minute wait for a table. As we sat outside and waited we noted dozens of customers streaming out of the building. Once we were seated we saw many available tables. We waited another twenty minutes before we were asked for our drink order and we are ready to place our food order as well. Breadsticks drinks, soup and salad came relatively quickly; Thirty minutes pass by as we are left sitting with empty dishes and no offers for refills. Now we’re a bit disgruntled.

Another Twenty so minutes pass and we are requesting our food. We had young children with us who are hungry and have expended their patience. Food arrives for 8 (eight) out of our party of 9 (nine). We would usually do the polite thing and wait for the last plate to arrive, but we excused ourselves and dined. I have NEVER experienced such awful customer service. I had to ask my Son to hand me a cheese grater from a serving tray behind us, since none of us were offered cheese. By the time we had finished dining the final person in our party was served = unacceptable! We are not at a restaurant that is ***** star and offers ***** course meals, we are at Olive Garden. How hard can it be?

We had one floor manager (Actually I'm not sure what his title was, he did not introduce himself), he was polite, offered us refills and an apology. Our waitress simply abandoned our table! We were never checked on by anyone else on the floor or asked if we wanted refills. Our waitress should find another line of work that doesn’t require multi-tasking.

I ordered soup and salad, the salad was wilted and overdressed. The Chicken, Gnocchi soup was an epic fail. It had no chicken in it and the Gnocchi were lumps of pasty overcooked globs. The soup tasted like salt and flour. I was unable to eat it.

I departed after I finished my meal (?) and I understand the Gentleman that waited well over an hour for his food was offered a gratis bottle of wine. His entire meal should have been comped and gift cards should have been passed around. I dine at restaurants to enjoy myself; this was NOT an enjoyable experience.. in the least. Three hours for a subpar meal that should have taken place in under two!

This Olive Garden needs to do something, and fast! Customer based service classes combined with serious training and quality control. I would NOT recommend dining in this restaurant, even as a last resort.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dianna430
Harker Heights, Texas
“GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

If all you want is great food, and great service at a reasonable cost, come here. By the way, the music is also wonderful. LOUIE PRIMA LIVES!

Visited April 2012
ca
“Delicious Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

The food hers is delicious. service is good too. It is usually always busy so just try to go before 6pm otheriwse you will have to wait for a table. Make sure to try the Moscato Primo Amore...it is really good! Also, all dishes come with unlimited salad/soup & breadsticks, so taka advantage of that :)

• Visited June 2012