Stayed with the family over the 4th of July weekend in the Monkey Manor room (2 kids, 7 & 11). We did the tour the day of arrival, which helped acclimate us to the overall layout of the property (as well as introduce us to the animals). We sat out on the viewing platforms in the afternoon (bring warm clothes and a windbreaker) and met a couple of animals out for walks with their trainers. That night we participated in "elephant bedtime," feeding 3 of the larger elephants and learning about their daily routines. For dinner we opted for quick and easy sandwiches from the gas station deli, eating on the porch of our bungalow. The room was great- heated blankets and a room heater, both were used, which made the room very comfortable. Lots if plugs for chargers. Nice decor and little touches throughout. Morning- our breakfast appeared around 10:20. We were one of the last tents to be served, but we were forewarned that breakfast time was dictated by the elephants :). Great portions and variety (fruit, yogurt, pastries and bagels), and we got to feed the elephant right from our deck.
Great trip, unique and unforgettable. Definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to the lions and tigers roaring only yards away from your authentic African style bungalow...go on an African Safari in Monterey! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Vision Quest Safari Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vision Quest Safari Bed And Breakfast
- Vision Quest Safari Hotel Salinas