Vision Quest Safari Bed & Breakfast
Salinas Inn(Salinas)
Best 5 Motel(Salinas)
Western Motel(Salinas)
View Hotel
All reviewsbutch's bedtimebig catsb bunique experiencewater buffalovip tourbreakfast deliveredspace heaterplay yardpachyderm packagelions roargift shopyogurtgiraffe manoronce in a lifetimecat housewild animals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We drove up the coast for the week and couldn't resist trying out this safari bed and breakfast whose ad we saw in a magazine at our hotel in Carmel. I've always wanted to go to an African safari but cannot afford it. With Vision Quest, we got to experience what that was like without leaving California or breaking our bank account. We stayed in tented bungalows that was clean with a real bathroom. The bungalows were far enough that we had privacy and felt like we are really out in the wild. We got to feed the elephants when we put them to bed and another time when the elephant came along with our breakfast delivery. We also got to feed the lion, lynx and tiger. The place feels very peaceful despite all the animals. My kids had a lot of fun.They said that this was the best part of our trip! I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves animals and to anyone with kids. It was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in celebration of our anniversary. We participated in the after hours feeding and the elephant experience. We loved it so much the first night we did it again. Its a humbling experience watching the big cats eat and learning about their behavior. Our experience with the elephants was superb. Being that close to an elephant is an awe inspiring experience. An elephant's trunk is like a separate living entity attached to the front of the animal. The way it moves and reacts is simply amazing. All of the staff were wonderful and always helpful and I cant say enough good about everyone involved in their programs. Our stay was a wonderful experience and we will be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Joseph's Jungle. It was the most relaxing and amazing trip we have ever taken. The staff were all wonderful. Feeding the elephant Malika every morning was exciting. By the last day, it was like we were visiting with a dear friend. It was so peaceful and serene, being "city folk" we aren't used to hearing bullfrogs, crickets, and the occasional roar at night. I cannot say enough good things about this B&B. I have stayed in many B&B's and this was by far the best experience of them all. It was like going on a Safari without needing to get a bunch of shots!!
We plan on returning in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've always been obsessed with African Elephants and have dreamed of seeing them in the wild. Our friends stayed at Vision Quest awhile back and my other half remembered when he was planning our anniversary. Kristie/Christy was incredible as our guide, her knowledge of the programs, animals, and our needs was phenomenal we had a great time (and lucked out to have her all to ourselves). I don't think i will do anything in my life that could compare to looking in to an elephant's eye. We spent all afternoon just watching the dynamics of the elephants with the zebra and ostrich. Thank you for the beautiful opportunity.

Room Tip: Choose the little bit cat house for the best view of the morning routine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Took my children ages 4 and 9. We stayed in the bears den which was two double beds. Plenty of room for all of us. We were great as far as heat at night with the space heater and heated blankets. I actually turned off the space heater as we were getting too warm. We were far off the road so it wad quiet at night. You did have to walk down to the deck to view the elephant pasture but it was maybe 300 ft away and a nice viewing deck.. The kids and I loved the entire experience from the tour to Butch's bedtime and crunch time. What child can come home from Spring Break and say she fed elephants, lions, and tigers? They enjoyed the lions roaring early in the morning and loved all the animal visits. Gabby the Baboon was a hit with my girls. They thought she was funny eating her jellybeans. They also enjoyed their breakfast delivery in the morning. What fun! We all learned a lot about all the animals and it was a great time had by all!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family