Wow, what a great experience. We were able to wash Butch, the huge male elephant, and help put three of the elephants to bed in the evening. Our tent overlooked the elephant enclosure. We really enjoyed the staff bringing a monkey and an armadillo to our tent in the evening, so they could educate us on the animals while we were on our balcony. In the morning, one of the female elephants came to our tent to "deliver" breakfast and we had fun feeding her. We heard lions roaring during the night, which really gave it an adventure feel. Unique experience, for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to the lions and tigers roaring only yards away from your authentic African style bungalow...go on an African Safari in Monterey! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Groupon so you can book your Vision Quest Safari Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vision Quest Safari Bed And Breakfast
- Vision Quest Safari Hotel Salinas