Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Residence Inn$159
Expedia.com$159
Priceline$159
Hotels.com$159
FindHotel$159
eDreams$159
All reviews front desk oatmeal living room min drive monterey housekeeping thermostat coast
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2017

I stayed here several times for business. Housekeeping changes the shower liner the night before I leave and cleans the room really well. I think that the following guest gets the same shower liner. The sheets and pillow cases are not fresh and look like they have been slept on. Dirty, stained comforters. The roll away beds are disgusting. Stained with urine and God knows what. When I complained, I was given extra blankets to place over the mattress. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. The breakfasts and snacks are getting cheaped out. Hot dogs every Monday instead of fajitas or a variety of items. The housekeeping staff and desk staff are wonderful. Management is not responsive. They charge a lot for their old, stinky, out of date rooms. The last time I stayed the room smelled like wet dog. The room didn't get vacuumed for 3 days, I kept my eye on the same piece of dirt. The only reason they get away with charging high rates is because they have kitchenettes and a good laundry facility. They changed cable companies and it is nothing but news and sports channels. The tap water SMELLS.
Back to Holiday Inn and Tempurpedic beds for me

Room tip: 3rd floor in the back
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank luvtravlin53
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your recent stay at the Residence Inn Salinas Monterey.

We see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. We saw that you rated your overall satisfaction an "2" out of 5 ;There were several missed opportunities that we will work diligently on.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Please call the hotel if you would like to further talk about this. Thank you.

Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

This review is based on the the response by the Marriott management after I initially filed a complaint in August. After going back and forth for about 3 weeks, someone got in touch with me and settled the issue. I was refunded for my night's stay after all the trouble we had with the reservation. I appreciate that. It's unfortunate that this happened but it ended well.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank joshua_sam
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Hello Joshua_sam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Salinas Residence Inn. We are thrilled to having you become a frequent guest with us and delighted you continue to enjoy your stay. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 12, 2017

The pros and cons so far:

Pros:

1. Desk staff and housekeeping very friendly and responsive:
2. Housekeeping actually rearranged their daily schedule to suit our time request
3. One of our kitchen utensils was shot—they replaced it immediately
4. Daily vacuuming and cleaning of our 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment—I’m gonna miss this after we leave!
5. The breakfast each day is great—the waffles, oatmeal, eggs, bacon or sausage, and much more, are pretty standard; but they also have fresh fruit like pineapple, watermelon, and strawberries!
6. They don’t advertise this, but Mon-Wed, they also have a light food offering.
7. The laundry facility has 3 washers and 6 dryers. They are clean, work well, smell nice, and the room is pleasant. Refreshing!
8. Top floor rooms offer a nice view of the mountains—peaceful!
9. This hotel is quiet. Although we have people in the rooms around us, we almost never hear a thing.

Cons:

1. Well, I’d like a cleaner or newer carpet—ours has a few stains and pulled areas.

That’s all I can think of!

This is an updated version of the review I wrote shortly after arriving here. We’ve now been here over a week.

Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank Maureen_of_Sarasota

Hello Maureen_of_Sarasota,

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us at the Salinas Residence Inn and the amenities that we have to provide as well. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations. Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

The only reason why I am giving this hotel two stars rather than zero is because the front desk staff were so nice and accommodating.

We stayed here for a weekend while my daughter attended a softball tournament. We stayed in a two bedroom suite, which are usually nice and spacious for my family. When I put my ten month old down on the carpet to crawl around, he was attacked by FLEAS! He had flea bites all over his back. I know this if a pet friendly hotel, but fleas?!?
There was also dog feces smeared all over the sidewalk leading to the hotel.

The bathtub had hair all over it, like it hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests, and our toilet in one of the bathrooms clogged every time it was used. It was a hassle to call maintenance every time this happened, so we bought our own plunger.

The breakfast staff was rude and even though it is served until 10:00 am, get there before 9:00 because they ran out of everything by 9:00 and wouldn't restock anything except coffee.

I cannot believe this hotel charges as much as it does. We paid way too much for the weekend to endure the things we went through.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Candise44
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Dear Candise44,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding the Salinas Residence Inn. We see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. Thank you as well for bringing these items to our attention. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further.

Reviewed December 20, 2016

I'm a huge fan of the Residence Inn Brand for Marriott, and this place was no exception. Very, very clean room, very friendly and warm staff, quiet and in a good location in Salinas. Breakfast wasn't quite up to snuff for R.I., but it got the job done, and otherwise I'll be happy to stay her for upcoming client work in the next 6 months.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Hello Erikkieser,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Salinas Monterey.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you back in 6 months!