Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$159
Residence Inn$159
Priceline$159
Hotels.com$159
FindHotel$159
eDreams$159
All reviews front desk oatmeal living room min drive monterey housekeeping thermostat coast
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2016

I spent two nights in this Hotel to know the region of Carmel .Its a good option cause you ride some miles in the highway and reach one of the most agreables cities I´ve ever seen that is Carmel!Hotels and Inns are very expensive in Carmel so I think looks smart to stay in Salinas and visit Monterey and Carmel by car.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Hello Carlosfidelis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of how your stay was with us at the Salinas Residence Inn. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage to explore the surrounding cities near us. Thank you for choosing Marriott as your place to stay when you travel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

OK when it says "residence" I think trashed by families or homeless...sorry - I feel bad just saying that. But this place was great. It was clean, well appointed, cheerful, bed was comfortable and everything worked. There was a sign on the refrigerator "if you need stocking up leave a grocery list with the front desk and we will do your shopping and add it to your bill". We did not need this service but ... It also said a hot breakfast and it was continental but that is OK with us. If I needed to stay for a few days business or such I would certainly put this at the top of my list.

Room tip: Ask for the second floor..the first is one of those on a slant on land and may make you feel as if you are in the basement...it does me.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Hello Kay W,

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed staying here at the Salinas Residence Inn!

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Hotel people were great, but the hotel needs a lot of TLC. Very tired looking rooms, stained carpets in room and hallways. Shower liner and curtain icky. Stained bedspread. Hotel is pet friendly which is great for pet owners, but not so great for people that are allergic. We had a four legged guest in the room next to us, and although it wasn't noisy, it did cause me some discomfort when I walked down the hallway and when I entered our room. Very disappointed with this experience, as we're big Residence Inn fans. Too many other choices in the area. Skip this one.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2016

Fairly new and well kept Residence Inn.

Overall very good, however the check inn staff left a poor initial impression were poor. We checked in just as one shift was finishing ( 3pm) and it was evident that the lady wanted to leave.

Room was very nice.
Location quite but quite a few places to eat near by.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I will give 0 for customer service. On Aug 5, I was booked for one night. We drove all day long from LA and about 3 miles away from the hotel ( after about 10 hrs or so of driving) I got an email from them that there is a problem with the booking and asked me to call. I called right away only to be told that we don't have the reservation for the night, that somehow the system allowed me to book even if the hotel was already fully booked. I told the manager, Kim that I was already almost there so she told me to come over anyways and we'll figure something out. We got there and she offered to place me to a different hotel and since it was Marriott's error, they will pick up the tab. I agreed to go to the nearest Hotel that they arranged which was the Best Western Plus in Salinas. We got there and the receptionist told me that she hasn't received the credit card authorization from the manager. Me and my family with our young children were already very tired and this was already about 9:00 pm and so I agreed to her suggestion they I just use my Credit card so I could get into the room but assured me that once the Marriott card goes through, she will switch the information. That same night before I slept I called the front desk to inquire and she told me that everything was already taken care of and they did get the credit card from Marriott. Imagine my surprise when the next day, the same transaction was posted in my account! I had already checked out at this point. I called and spoke to the Best Western Manager and was told that they received the credit card info the night prior but was declined so they didn't have a choice but to bill me. He directed me to contact Marriott Salinas as they cannot do anything for me at this point. I called Marriott and asked to speak to the Manager or whoever but got no call back. I emailed, nothing.. What kind of customer service is that? The manager left us in the air with an empty promise. I didn't ask for a free accommodation that night, she offered. I thought that was a nice gesture since I am a rewards member. It is disappointing that she offered but did not make good with the promise. It seems to me that she just told me that to get rid of me and my family that night. I will never book in this hotel again. I love Marriott but this place is no good. At least, no word of honor from management. It's been almost 3 weeks and so far I haven't had an answer yet as to what happened that night.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank joshua_sam
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Dear Joshua_sam,

Thank you for your comments. We are currently in the process of resolving the problem. Thank you for your patience.