Lowest prices for your stay
Residence Inn
$143
Free cancellation until 12/09/21
$179
Free cancellation until 12/10/21
$179
Free cancellation until 12/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$143
Hotels.com$179
eDreams$179
All reviews front desk oatmeal living room min drive monterey housekeeping thermostat coast
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2016

Fairly new and well kept Residence Inn.

Overall very good, however the check inn staff left a poor initial impression were poor. We checked in just as one shift was finishing ( 3pm) and it was evident that the lady wanted to leave.

Room was very nice.
Location quite but quite a few places to eat near by.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I will give 0 for customer service. On Aug 5, I was booked for one night. We drove all day long from LA and about 3 miles away from the hotel ( after about 10 hrs or so of driving) I got an email from them that there is a problem with the booking and asked me to call. I called right away only to be told that we don't have the reservation for the night, that somehow the system allowed me to book even if the hotel was already fully booked. I told the manager, Kim that I was already almost there so she told me to come over anyways and we'll figure something out. We got there and she offered to place me to a different hotel and since it was Marriott's error, they will pick up the tab. I agreed to go to the nearest Hotel that they arranged which was the Best Western Plus in Salinas. We got there and the receptionist told me that she hasn't received the credit card authorization from the manager. Me and my family with our young children were already very tired and this was already about 9:00 pm and so I agreed to her suggestion they I just use my Credit card so I could get into the room but assured me that once the Marriott card goes through, she will switch the information. That same night before I slept I called the front desk to inquire and she told me that everything was already taken care of and they did get the credit card from Marriott. Imagine my surprise when the next day, the same transaction was posted in my account! I had already checked out at this point. I called and spoke to the Best Western Manager and was told that they received the credit card info the night prior but was declined so they didn't have a choice but to bill me. He directed me to contact Marriott Salinas as they cannot do anything for me at this point. I called Marriott and asked to speak to the Manager or whoever but got no call back. I emailed, nothing.. What kind of customer service is that? The manager left us in the air with an empty promise. I didn't ask for a free accommodation that night, she offered. I thought that was a nice gesture since I am a rewards member. It is disappointing that she offered but did not make good with the promise. It seems to me that she just told me that to get rid of me and my family that night. I will never book in this hotel again. I love Marriott but this place is no good. At least, no word of honor from management. It's been almost 3 weeks and so far I haven't had an answer yet as to what happened that night.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank joshua_sam
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Dear Joshua_sam,

Thank you for your comments. We are currently in the process of resolving the problem. Thank you for your patience.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Was here for business and had meetings closer to Carmel. The staff was always very nice and honestly is what made the review excellent. The breakfast is pretty good, doable for 3 days or less. They also seem to have happy hour snacks which one night they had tacos/ nachos and the chicken was delicious. The rooms were nice and the beds are great. The only complaint i have is the cleaning crew found a pumice stone on the floor of the room and assumed it was mine. It actually must have been from a past guest so that was kinda gross. Family friendly hotel, the pool seemed nice and the gym was small but fine. Rarely had water in the small store for purchase. Nice common areas, one night we had pizza there and it perfectly fit our needs. I had an issue earlier in the AM and had to check back in my room and the staff was very friendly and really made me feel at home.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2016

The property is conveniently located. The staff is friendly. The room was clean. However... the breakfast was GROSS!!! From the quality of the ingredients to the selection and presentation of the food, the breakfast was not suitable for the animals at the nearby farms. Even the "free" price tag of the breakfast wasn't worth it. The management should be ashamed. #Disgusting

Trip type: Traveled with family
Stephanie C, Manager at Residence Inn Salinas Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear Scott G,

I apologize for the experience you had. If you would like to talk more about this in detail with a manger, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

We celebrated our 49th anniversary with cousins at Corral de Tierra Country Club. This property was recommended as a nice spot to spend the weekend. It lived up to the suggestion and was great. The breakfast was yummy, prepared by Rhonda. From the moment we walked in the front door, we were welcomed by an A+ employee, Esmeralda.

Room tip: The ground floor seemed convenient
  • Trip type: Traveled with family