“Praise for Stacie”

Residence Inn Salinas Monterey
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would like to commend Stacie for being incredibly helpful during my stay at your property. I am a light sleeper and Stacie was so patient and helpful in finding me a satisfactory room. She has a cheerful demeanor and a great customer friendly attitude!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here recently for about a weeks time. The facility was top notch. Great breakfast and the evening "mixers" were a very unexpected and pleasant surprise. Deanna, the GM was incredibly helpful, she went way out of her way to make sure a need I had was met. Stacie and Brittany at the desk were fantastic and very helpful. Brittany, when I arrived early for my check in, went above and beyond to get me into a great room with almost no delay. Stacie was very incredibly pleasant and very knowledgeable about every aspect of the facility. After speaking with her for a few minutes at the desk, I actually thought she was the manager, due to her professionalism and superior customer service. Stacie is a great credit to whomever hired and trained her. All in all, I had a wonderful experience at this facility and won't hesitate to stay there next time I'm in Monterey County.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joey R
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here while moving across the country with my family and dogs although I had an incredible experience and service. The room had everything I needed kitchen and centrally located next to shopping and all necessary services and dining establishment safe location, and near major highways.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dcuf33
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here on a visit to Monterey Bay, not exactly that close (about 25 min away), but at least close to highway 101 and good rates. All of the standard things you'd expect, free breakfast, pool, decent spacious room with kitchen. A little crowded at the time of my stay, especially for the breakfast, but otherwise a decent place to stay the night.

If you are spending more than a couple of nights for visiting Monterey, would recommend to stay closer to the, e.g. Monterey Marriott that would save the 45min - 1 hour back and forth, but most likely for a higher rate

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zu23
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for three nights for the Thanksgiving holiday, with our two (very well behaved) dogs.

My husband is a Platinum Elite Marriott member, and spends a LOT of time in Marriott hotels (obviously). He had already traveled for work (staying at another Marriott) earlier in the week, then returned home and drove the whole family 8 hours to Salinas. When we arrived he was beyond tired and needed sleep. We had a several disappointing and avoidable things happen within the first few hours of checking in, causing us to move rooms that night after 9pm (waking up my son, packing the whole room up, then unpacking in a new room), and move again the next day.

BUT, I cannot give enough praise to the staff for the way they handled the problems. Deanna and Rosario, in particular, were so sincerely sorry and eager to make it right for us. They are a treasure, and I hope Marriott knows what they have in these two staff members. (Someone even brought beautiful flowers and cheesecake to our room as a surprise the next day.) They were so professional, prompt, and genuinely cared about making our stay better.

It's one thing to have problems come up, but the way they are handled is what sets this property apart. The takeaway here is that the staff here honestly cares about your experience staying here. I really doubt many hotels leave guests feeling this way. We will be back next year for sure!

Room Tip: Top floor facing the back parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised the room was very spacious, with a fully equipped kitchen including pans and utensils. Very friendly staff and courteous. We defiantly recommend it. It was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maricela30
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Salinas Residence Inn a couple of weeks ago and was unpleasantly surprised. I stayed at this property multiple times when it was new, but it had been about 5 years since I was last there. The best thing going for it are the newly redecorated rooms, which are very modern and trendy. However, the colors in the hallway, make them very dark and depressing!! When I arrived, I was assigned to a room on the first floor. My Marriott profile says "High Floor away from elevator". I was reassigned to a second floor room that was not too far from the elevator. I took it anyway and it was not noisy. The nightime food choices at this hotel were very limited to say the least, compared to what Residence Inns used to do in the past. No Beer or wine in the evening, not even sodas!!-shocking. Their Thursday night offering was "Milk and Cookies".

The breakfast area was not kept up the way it should have been. Hot items were usually sparse and not quickly refilled. Pastries were stale- just not appetizing at all!! And to think that Marriott only gives 5 points per dollar spentf or Residence Inns rather than the usual 10 points per dollar!!
The rooms were kept clean, but hallways and elevator could have used a good cleaning!! Very disappointing. Will stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Ask for room on top floor when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business