“Noisy. Poor internet. Terrible breakfast”

Best Western Plus Salinas Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Go next door to the comfort inn or the other best western. So noisy. The layout of the suites is crazy. I mean, who put the furniture in this room? The TV faces your back when you're sitting at the desk. The couch and chairs are at 90 degree positions so you have to turn the TV, which is too big to get the proper angle. We almost rearranged the room, but decided not too as we feared we would be charged. I'm never staying at this hotel again. Seriously. It was that bad. The heat/AC units were insanely noisy and would never shut off. I couldn't believe it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Salinas Valley Inn & Suites

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stay here every chance I get. Never had any regrets. My business trips range from one night to a few weeks through any season of the year and I have never had any type of problems or concerns. I have even brought my wife and grandkids for vacation, that's how much we enjoy it here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James M
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very comfortable and the staff, especially the woman who took care of the breakfast room, could not have been nicer. Staff recommended places in the area to eat and were helpful with directions. Although everything seemed very good and in working condition, upgrades were being made to the bathrooms. You get the sense, the owner really cares about this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Clean hotel, good for an overnight business trip. Not many bells and whistles, but if you're there on business, you don't need much. Free wifi, breakfast. Right off the highway, but I didn't notice any highway noise. I travel a lot for business, and this is one of the better hotels in this price range that I've found.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a nice stay and it was easy to get to the freeways. It wasn't in the best part of town but we had no way of knowing that until we got there. It did not pose any problems though. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed for two nights and were very happy with our stay. The room was sparkly clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice. As other people have commented, there is only a drive in burger restaurant near the hotel but having looked at the location before our visit we knew that we would have to drive out to eat. We combined this with visits to Monterey/Carmel but did go into Salinas where there is a wide selction of restaurants. The highway passes close by but the noise didn't bother us - the easy access was quite a positive. We booked directly with the hotel and enjoyed a good rate. We were very pleased with our experience at the hotel and happy to recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were on our way to the Bay Area and decided to stop and spend the night after touring Hearst Castle. The hotels in Cambria seemed old and seedy and in nearby Paso Robles, very expensive. We didn't have reservations but I had my IPad with me and looked up a few of the hotels in Salinas. This Best Western looked the best and had a great rate. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple