“Nice B/W, professional and helpfull front desk.”

Best Western Plus Salinas Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
SoCal
“Nice B/W, professional and helpfull front desk.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Check your reservations there are two B/W's on this street. Stayed at the 'other one' a few years ago and it was nice also. This has the B/W Plus designation and it shows. Did not try their breakfast offerings (I rarely do at motels/hotels). Room was nice sized, clean and quiet. Great location right of the highway. Mexican restaurant and In-n-Out within walking distance. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank leonardk2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

In contrast to several reviews here, I would like to state that my previous stays at the BW SV Inn & Suites have been generally very positive. This place has been my choice of stay for the past 2 years due to both business and recreational reasons, especially for the Concours D'Elegance.

When I arrived, there were noticeably some renovation changes made, so presumably there has been some remodeling done. I thought it looked fine before, but it looks even better now. A much more warm and welcoming ambiance, especially compared to previous BWs I've stayed at before.

In terms of customer service, whenever I needed more bedding, shampoo/conditioner, extra keys, etc., motel staff was always very quick to deliver. The same applies with the motel breakfast, as I was very pleased with its quality when I stayed here back in April during the Big Sur Marathon.

Also, when I did open the fridge, there were a few spots that needed to be cleaned. When I called the front desk, Mr. Dan Oh, the general manager, was quick to respond and a housekeeper came up and took care of them right away.

I was also pleased with the extra facilities including the pool and workout room, which I noticed also has gone through renovation. Albeit somewhat small, keep in mind that this isn't a fancy 5-star hotel on the beach, it's a Best Western in close to rural Salinas. If you want that upscale experience, go ahead and pay the extra $200-300 for that short weekend stay. But this BW is definitely one of the better ones in the area and if a 3-star experience is what you're expecting from this place, you will definitely walk out with almost a 4.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Logan P
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hi everyone I hope you all are having a wonderful day!!! looking for a hotel room in the Salinas Area??? you should consider the Best Western Plus Salinas Valley Inn and Suites!!!!! :) my name is Ziza I currently live in Yuma AZ. I started travelling to Salinas, CA shortly after my husband started traveling for business. finding a good hotel was my mission :) we stayed in several other hotels before arriving here and we always found something wrong. the rooms are very clean and if ran into a problem it got solved ASAP. One thing I really like about this hotel is that they have a fitness room and a laundry room for guest very convenient when you are away from home. My five year old daughter loves going to the pool. we always requests an early check in and sometimes a late check out depending on my husbands schedules. they always accommodate us. we love the breakfast!!! the fresh fruit and the fresh waffles are just perfect specially when you have a little one. the management is very friendly and helpful is more like family run establishment I've seen the owners Dan and Jackie several times and greets us with a smile just like the rest of the front desk clerks.

ZIZA R

Room Tip: need a quiet room request the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ziza R
Carmel, California
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Driving back home from Oakland, me and my fiance decided to stay in Salinas to get some rest, Ok so we came in pretty late like around 10 pm. and the reception lady was great she greeted us with a smile and even offered us a 10% discount altough we didnt have AAA and the great part of this the rate included the full breakfast. I enjoyed the dry Sauna in the morning after my work out in their gym facility. As i was checking out the recception lady Victoria mentioned they were remodoling with new carpets and new furniture:) We are most definatly staying here again for that price its way better then staying at any motel around!!!! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ann R
Irvine, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Decided to stay here after visiting Monterey Bay which is about 20 miles away. The place met the requirements of a Best Western Plus hotel but it could use a few more attention to detail. The carpets were stained and could use some cleaning but overall, the room was clean. The hallway A/C was turned off but everything else was fine. The breakfast was just ok since the waffles tasted a little funny. Other than that, it had the usual stuff. Eggs, bacon, cereal, juice, etc. I would stay again if the rates were cheaper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean, room was OK but Internet did not work. Reception said they do not understand as for them it worked. (Clear, they were logged in since month) but for other customers the log in page did not come up. I tried with 3 different devices but same result.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Three Rivers, California
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very clean, roomy with proper amount of furnishings. Noise quiet, street quiet. Comfy bed and fresh breakfast. Friendly staff. In/Out Burger across the street. If you need to access the internet, check it before you check in. Hopefully the problem has been remedied. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple