“Spotlessly clean, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas

Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Lubbock, Texas
“Spotlessly clean, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We spent 2 nights here and found everything to be perfectly satisfactory, good value for the price. Convenient to restaurants, museum; although the hotel is close to the interstate, we did not find it noisy at all. Front desk staff helpful and welcoming, breakfast adequate, fresh, hot, good coffee was a pleasant surprise! Comfortable bed, wf-fi access, pool/spa. In n Out burger within walking distance.

Room Tip: First floor king "suite" was roomy and comfortable, 2 tv's, microwave & fridge.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been traveling to Salinas on business for years. This is a working man's town, where Ag is King. You won't find the kinds of accomodations as you would a half hour to the west, in Monterey. But fo those of you just passing through, or here for work or pleasure, this is your best choice. Located near the Freeway, it's in a commercial area, that is fairly safe. Sure, the working girls come up a few blocks to the south, but this place is immune to such nonsense. The property is kept up nicely, whth everything clean as a whistle, and in good repair. The owner, I believe is named Kalpna, and she is there daily, and I imagine, she softly, yet firmly runs a very tight ship. She is extrordinarily helpful, and always of good cheer. Another Clerk, Leticia, is as sweet as pie, and equally kind and helpful. There will be no screwups checking in or out. These people are so good, they can recognize my voice, and call me by first name!

Most rooms are a Queen with a sitting area to includa a couch, flat screen coffee table, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, sink, and small eating area. You will find all the ammenties, like iron, ironing board, hair dryer, loads of towels - all plump and full, and not threadbare. The bed is very comfortable, with plush betting, crisp sheets, and lots of pillows. There is also a writing desk, and a TV in the sleeping area. The climate control works very well, and despite being close to the highway, it's very quiet. The breakfast in the AM is nothing fancy, but it's a decent quick bite to eat before you head out for the day. All things considered, and havin tried all the others in Salinas worth trying, this is absolutely your very best bet, East of Eden.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Illhaveanotherplease
Redding, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Rude management, not the cleanest rooms, and locking the front door at night are a few things that make this place a hotel to avoid.

Although I stay in Salinas on business frequently, I have decided not to ever stay here again. Management will tell you one thing and do another. They lock the front door at night, so you have to enter from the end of the building. Being right next to the 101 can make for a good amount of noise. I never ate breakfast there, so I can't speak to that. The rooms are fairly nice, but in need of updating. I now book my rooms at the Quality Inn down the street where the staff is friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Effee_1
gmKalpna, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
First I would like to address by thanking you for your previous stay with our hotel, though basing on your review you have decided that you will not continue to stay with our hotel. It is unfortunate that during your stay you perceived our management rude though management acted appropriately regarding management concern about hotel policy of undisclosed additional guest. The difference between Comfort Inn & Suites and Quality Inn is our hotel is indoor corridor unlike Quality Inn, which for the safety and privacy of our guest, all guests are provided with room key for hotel entrance after hours. As for the expressed noise, being that our hotel is near the freeway that is uncontrolled, however, basing on the location of Quality Inn one would say that it would be more noisey, therefore, it is a matter of guest opinion. I appreciate your comment and thank you for your previous stay.

Travelers are raving about these Salinas hotels

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the only place we can really have fun in a very affordable price in the Salinas area. Thank you to Mrs: Gm Kalpna and family who always welcome us in person (Owners) With the AMAZING indoor pool, FREE breakfast! FLAT TV'S! and everything is walking distance! Even IN&OUT! This place is awesome! Clean, cozy, quiet, and INDOOR JACUZZI TOO!! I don't understand the bad reviews for reals!! We will like to thank the nice family who owns the location. Because we visit this place just for our children to enjoy the indoor facilities INCLUDING A GYM with FLAT TV!! We'll see you soon!! AH! WE PREFERRED THE SWIMMING POOL A LITTLE WARMER AND WE JUST ASKED FOR IT!! :-) AWESOME!!

Thank you so much!!

Macky Maids cleaning services owners and family

Room Tip: Indoor swimming pool, GYM AND JACUZZI! YEAHH! Thank you Mr and Mrs: GmKalpna!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmKalpna, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
We appreciate your business. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family again. Thank you for choosing our hotel.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We needed a place for one night on a hectic trip near the Thanksgiving Holiday. This place was just the ticket. It's right off the freeway, where the road to Monterey comes in, so it's placed well. The rooms were clean, and quiet. The staff (who seemed to be the owners) were friendly and helpful. A good deal in a good location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed your stay. Your business is appreciated and hope that you stay at our hotel again.
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very nice and clean facility in Salinas, which is on about 30 minutes from Monterey, but much less expensive than Monterey. Indoor pool and spa, and free breakfast are very nice bonuses. Hotel and rooms are modern.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Your business is appreciated. Thank you for staying at our hotel and hope you stay at our hotel again.
Tracy, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is my first time to write a review but this is one time I must! When I pre reserved the room I logged into Comfort Inn Salinas, CA. Since they didn't have a place to request handicapped, I called the number on the screen. I told the reservationist my need for a handicapped room - no problem! After a long drive it was good to arrive with my handicapped sis. I had a gut feeling to go in first and look at the room! The Owner took me to the second floor (it did have an elevator) and to my surprise the dingy room had a BATHTUB, and I commented on how LOW the toilet looked. In an irritated manner he said, "handicapped can be anything from being deaf to a broken harm!" Well, that's just fine! But what about those who can't walk and need a shower? I spoke with the woman at the front desk who I think was his wife, and said, "we can't stay here and since I gave my credit card info when I reserved I hope I'm not charged." Very defensively, she said, "YOU need to talked to Expedia!" Well, how did they get into the picture? She said she didn't have their number and yet she said they called her to ask about the room before we arrived. I said, "You must have the number as you said you spoke with them!" This couple was of ABSOLUTELY NO HELP and had NO COMPASSION! I went back to the car not knowing what to do when I remembered the phone No. must still be viewable in my phone. I found it and got Hotel One. Well how did THEY NOW get into the picture? After talking to and being transferred to 5 or 6 people and them calling me back twice, Customer Support said, "I wouldn't have to pay for it. and they would email me a confirmation" (which I didn't receive.) I went back in to inform this couple and a different woman was at the desk and said they left for the night! In disbelief, I said, "WHAT? This is just SO WRONG!" ( In fact, the first woman had been watching me from a dimly lit window while I was in my car trying to make calls!) Gal No. 2 said the reservation agency will pay for it. I said, "No one should pay for it as it isn't suitable for a handicapped person, at least one that's in a wheelchair and can barely walk!" We went next door to Best Western (on the north side of Comfort Inn, there is also a BW next door to the south, but only had one bed) that had a handicapped room where you could wheel your chair into the stall with a bench. The floor was dirty and needed to be scrubbed (I put towels down) but at least it was a "handicapped" room on the LOWER floor! Other than that, the room was nice. By now it was late and we were both exhausted! Not to mention all the stuff one has to hall into a room when traveling. I just viewed my credit card statement and I was credited.

Room Tip: There are three hotels in a row. For some strange reason, Comfort Inn sits right between two Best W...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sandy K
gmKalpna, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Salinas, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
I am writing in response to your comment. I would like to inform you that we did review your comment to appropriately address the issue. It was brought to my attention that the initial call made to our hotel regarding handicap room was done by a male who was informed of what type of accessible room we had available, which was the room with the bathtub because the accessible open shower room was not available. Moments after, your reservation came through our reservation system through online paid reservation from travel agency (Expedia). At check-in our front desk was able to show you the room that was explained over the phone, which at the time you did not want to accept. In addition, it is hotel policy of no same day cancellation that all travel agency is aware of. Paid online reservation by travel agency on same day cannot be cancelled which means travel agency is obligated to pay. In addition, it is unfortunate that your accessible room at Best Western was not clean to your expectation.
Thank you for your comments, it allowed us to provide explaination regarding our hotel's accessibility room features.