“Great place for a great price!”

Good Nite Inn - Salinas
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
San Jose, California
“Great place for a great price!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was driving down the 101 late night from san jose looking for a place to stay for a reasonable price. I ended up finding the good nite inn and it had everything I needed! it was right off the highway yet it was actually nice and quiet! staff was helpful when i checked in and at check out, definitely will be back again!

• Stayed October 2013
GNISAL, Operations Manager at Good Nite Inn - Salinas, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay with Good Nite Inn Salinas. I strongly value your feedback as I use it to identify what we do well and where we may need improvement. We look forward to serving you in the future during your next visit to Salinas.

Respectfully,

Rene Silva
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chicago
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Book the motel while I was on way back from SF. Reserved a non-smoking room for two. When I was ready to check in they said no non-smoking room available and also wireless was charged. The area is not secure with cops driving around everywhere catching gangs and illegals. Stay away from this place. When the lady told me I had no choice but to stay in a smoking room, I told her to cancel my reservation and I just drove out of the city to get another motel. The picture does not represent the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay with Good Nite Inn Salinas. I strongly value your feedback as I use it to identify what we do well and where we may need improvement. I Apologize for any inconvenience from not getting the room type you requested may have caused you. We always do everything within our power to accomodate all of our guests requests, however requests for smoking/non-smoking rooms are just that, requests, and unfortunately are not guaranteed. We would appreciate look forward to serving you in the future during your next visit to Salinas.

Respectfully,

Rene Silva
Operations Manager
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in three Good Nite Inns on a recent trip, and the was neither they best or worst. It's basic accommodation at a good price. The room wasn't super clean or unbearably dirty, just ok. The wi-fi is $3.95 a day but doesn't work well (very slow). Computer kiosk in lobby is expensive and has a $3 minimum (I needed to print something). 2nd floor is walkup.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
oxnard
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hello,
we stayed there for 1 night travelling Hw #1. We payed only USD 44 and the staff was very friendly. The Highway is nearby, but the noise Level was ok. The bed was very worn out, but we survived. It was not dirty and the shower worked fine.

When you consider the price it was ok (2 Kids, 2 adults, 7 hours).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Claus F
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Good Nite Inn is rated as a 1 to 2 star hotel. Don't expect it to be more. It isn't. Our recent stay was for two nights. The alternative was sleeping in our car. For cleanliness our car would have been better, but the Inn had 2 flat surfaces that looked like beds and after camping for 2 weeks, a bed and a hot shower was enough to get us in the door.

The pros:
It has beds.

The cons;
Mattress is covered in plastic, sheets are thin and of a poor quality meaning you are sleeping on plastic sheeting. Great for clean up, horrible for sleeping. The cover is polyester, 80s polyester. Not sure when it was cleaned last. Pillows smelt horrible.

The pros;
they have non smoking rooms.

The cons;
it says non smoking on the door plaque. I don't believe that the guests staying in this room before us cared. It reeked of stale cigarette smoke. Years and years of stale cigarette smoke.

The pros;
A shower. (After weeks of camping this is a total pro!)

The con;
Towels are scarce and or a quality usually found in a thrift store, shampoo bottle was minuscule, bath was actually repaired with putty!!
But the real issue we had was that during the actual having of a hot shower, the person in the room next to us turned on a tap and immediately the water in the shower hot so hot that I actually screamed in pain as boiling hot water suddenly
drenched me as I washed my hair, resulting in me nearly falling on my face and breaking open my head as I dived out of the shower. Not what you would expect of any star hotel!

The pros;
It has a pool. It is reasonable clean and tidy.

The con;
Don't expect to be able to see anything in the evenings, only one of the of the lights worked.

The pros;
It seemed to have good security.

The con;
When 3 young men started pounding on our door at 10 at night laughing and calling out "open up, it's the police" we called security. Security response was "oh a soccer team is staying here, I will tell their coach." Thanks for that, it really help ease our minds for the next 10 minutes as we listened to our door being banged on!!

Overall it was exactly what we paid for, cheap and a bit nasty.

(Note to the owner/manager ... Getting a professional cleaning company to come in and do a deep clean of your rooms would really help with your customer complaints, having the same company show your cleaning staff how to maintain it, would also help. People don't expect much of a cheap hotel like yours; except cleanliness!!
And easy fix but one you have not done regardless of the reviews people put on here.

• Stayed August 2013
San Dimas, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel may have nice rooms, but Room 230 is not one of them. It did have hot water and the TV worked. However, the carpet was so grossly dirty, with stains and sticky patches, that I was afraid to walk around without shoes. The room had no hair dryer, no hand towels, my used wash cloth was left in a wad in the tub (the same washcloth, for 2 days), the tub floor was filthy, the caulk around the tub was discolored with mildew/mold, housekeeping did not pick up a soap wrapper left on the floor, there was no plastic liner for the ice bucket, and the 2 pillows on my queen bed were standard size and flat as pancakes. The bathroom fan was so loud, I was afraid to turn on the light/fan after 10 p.m. for fear of disturbing the neighbors. The cheap wooden furniture was damaged, and the TV armoire clearly was missing a door that had been ripped off, with the door hinge taking part of the particle-board cabinet with it. The single-paned window faced a street that truckers use to get to the highway on-ramp, making a lot of braking noise in the process. We could hear people walking by (our corner room), doors being opened and closed in adjoining rooms, people walking around a floor above, and car alarms going off in the parking lot a floor below, even with the loud air conditioner/fan for background noise. I was especially grossed out by the hair I found in the sink (that clearly did not belong to us) AFTER housekeeping had come to the room. We booked this hotel almost a year ago for a special event weekend, so the hotel was sold out when we experienced our problems. While the room rate was acceptable, the room was not. Housekeeping and maintenance are obviously being performed by untrained and disinterested personnel.

Room Tip: Don't choose corner rooms, or rooms facing the street. Better yet, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a wonderful time and your efforts welcome.

I was especially happy seeing a security person on the grounds at night.
It is sad we need this but it is necessary these days.

Every employee I spoke to was pleasant and understanding. I have done many, many things
in many, many countries and am a no nonsense person. They all dealt with me wonderfully.

Good Luck and see you next year!

James Weeks

Room Tip: Pool view if that matters
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business