Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$84
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$81
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com$87
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 3, 2017

The room was clean except for the cereal on the floor by the refrigerator. Could feel the springs in the mattress, pillow was lumpy. The TV was old (not a flat screen) and the reception was fuzzy. Breakfast was basic but okay - waffles, yogurt, etc. Orange juice tasted spoiled. Wi-Fi worked good. Do not be fooled by the nice photos on the web-site. The lobby is NOT the actual lobby at the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Ray P, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Thank you for your stay at pour hotel. I have made notes of the issues you have pointed out and discuss with my staff. We are also in the process of remodeling the entire hotel rooms and hopefully we will get done by next year and the next time you are back hope you will have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

My mother and I stayed here while traveling from different states to see my grandmother. I normally stay in Monterey, but wanted to be closer to family, so an Aunt recommended the HOJO. The neighborhood is actually very quiet, which ended up being a good thing because my second day in town I came down with something for horrible and spent the next 3 days in bed.

The owners of the hotel are very pleasant and helpful without being overbearing and after learning I was sick and that my mom was going back to my grandmas, offered to listen out for me if I needed anything.

The hotel is older and the rooms are smaller, but everything was really clean and after 3 days in bed, I wasn't sore or stiff so the quality of the mattress was a definite help.

Definitely consider this hotel as an inexpensive and clean place to stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank RVNut2013

Thank you for your stay at our hotel in Jan of this year. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please do come back again and we will be happy to see you.

Reviewed January 26, 2017

My wife and I liked this hotel. The neighborhood was a little sketchy but once the inside our room was big, clean and offered all the amenities. The desk clerk was very accommodating with us and our motorcycle as a rainstorm came during the night. The room appeared to have been recently renovated. Breakfast was nice and had more choices than we usually see. The hotel was close to restaurants and the Steinbeck House and National Center. I used rewards for this stay but I would definitely stay again.

Room tip: 3rd floor,facing John St, King bed was good.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramiro T

Thank you so much for your stay at our hotel. I am glad you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again for your next trip if you are passing by.

Reviewed December 24, 2016

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 17, 2016

Arrived late, warm welcome, clean room, easy access to everything for business that I needed. Business Center is a little light and in the main lobby so there is no confidentiality if you are trying to work there. However, front desk staff is on their game. Enjoyed morning conversation and decent continental breakfast. For the price, I was very happy and will return. Will be a frequent guest here.

Close to several good restaurants.

Date of stay: December 2016