“ALL Western restaurants need to rethink Prices Vs Portions!”
Review of Margie's Diner - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: restaurant's phone number: (831) 783-1078
Description: restaurant's phone number: (831) 783-1078
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Let me vent: I'm in the hotel next door , so I needed to eat dinner @ 3PM, after eating lunch @12PM, ( due to an East Coast NASCAR Sat night race). So I'm not THAT hungry. So being from N Fla , I'm used to certain portions and prices. In the last month on the road I've noticed that the farther west I've gone the prices, (apparently because of portions),have gotten higher as I moved west ( it's like the "Bridge Tax" in the Fl Keys). Any way I walk into this place because of the beer signs (I needed to wait for my room to cool down). I'm the ONLY customer and yet there are tables that haven't been cleared .The on duty staff is ONE cook and ONE server.The server came to me quickly and handed me a menu and took my drink order. Upon seeing the menu I noted that I DO NOT need a 1/2 LB burger (or sandwhich), with side, for $13 . HOWEVER, IF you only want a HALF sandwhich, it's a ONE dollar less! (WOW what SAVINGS)! The dinner selections cost even MORE, (so if I DON'T LIVE here and don't have a mini fridge in the room, I've WASTED food AND money! So I located a "senior" menu item of 2 eggs , meat, and toast for $9. When it came out I was happy with the eggs and sausage but the toast was cold. Since it place was outside my room window I noticed that it wasn't that busy while the In and Out Burger beside it was quite busy.

1  Thank xtc663

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Really enjoyed our dinner here so came back for breakfast the next day. Staff were friendly, food was fantastic (and enormous!) and the menus make for an interesting read. Well-priced.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We only had breakfast once here but really enjoyed our meal and would have gone back but it was our last day. There was nothing we didn't like about this diner.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

It is surprising how expensive a simple eggs, potatoes and toast breakfast has become. Margie's food was well prepared but not particularly interesting. I was pleased to see that they offered a "beginner's omelet" made with just two eggs that is the perfect size for most diners. The service was excellent and the dining room was clean. We received an adequate breakfast and might return.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have never paid this much for an ordinary breakfast. Had senior meals and still the bill was over $40.00 for three people! Will not frequent this place again.