“Very nice dinner”

Ranked #9 of 335 Restaurants in Salinas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

A trip to old town Salinas must include the Monterey Coast Brewing Company. It looks cool from the outside but when you go in it is just great. Built in a very old building, the brewing company takes on the the early 1900's theme.

My wife ordered the blackened sea bass and I had pork scallopini. Both were very good. The service was above avarage as was the price.

So, when in Salinas give them a chance. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Had some great food on our first trip to California. Stopped here for lunch. "Works Burger" was by far the best burger I ever ate. I don't know

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Get the grilled artichoke, simply exquisite. Very helpful waitress with good suggestions and alternatives. Lettuces for salads were out of sight!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I tried the hefeweizen (no lemon please) it was very good. My wife tried the Scottish red and Stout both were good. I had a field green salad and the sea bass with artichoke, spinach risotto. The salad was good and the fish great. My wife had the special swordfish with the same risotto and she said it tasted great.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We came to Salinas to visit the Steinbeck Center and so were looking for a lunch spot close by. This restaurant had a nice atmosphere, nice food, and nice service. I had the pizza special: pesto, chicken, tomatoes, and garlic. Delicious. My husband's ravioli was good as well. Would return on a future trip to Monterey.