Travelers Hotel
$161
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$144
$189
$170
Courtyard
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$160
$121
$118
Travelocity
$115
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 8, 2012

If you're ok with unsafe, drug using, foul smelling environment you have found your paradise away from home! While this place is ok with some people, for me it was horrific. The aroma of that placed lingered well into the night after we refused to stay in the establishment. We asked to cancel our reservation after seeing our room and feeling incredibly unsafe and they refused. We are still working on the matter and Kevin is claiming we stayed the night when we did not. Do not bring kids here... or anyone you care about. It should be condemned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tv that plays more than adult pay per views. Unless that's all you care to watch.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cin g
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I went to salinas to visit a friend we were walking around downtown when we saw this hotel we decided to stay last minute for girls night out and shopping. The hotel is really old which is why I was attracted to it, its very clean and the gentlemen that works at the counter is very nice and accomadating! They have a mexican restaurant that has the best carne asada and believe it or not a hamburger comparable to in- and- out. I will definately come back :)

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Last hotel left with rooms available...now I know why. Exterior had the Bates Motel feel to it. The exterior paint is peeling, you can see broken windows from the outside, who would want to stay in a place that looks like that from the outside?? At least the lobby seemed a little friendlier in decor. Kevin, the manager who stays on property (poor Kevin!) let us see the room before checking in, although I knew I was stuck since I booked thru priceline (prepaid)-and by the way-what were They thinking?? bathroom was small and dank, the windows broken,dirty, rusted, vanity sink next to the bed was in extremely poor shape- lots of cuts into the acrylic. I had a sleeping bag with me and used it to sleep on the bed on top of the covers.
The surrounding area has been renovated and has the old town nostalgic feel to it. I could totally see this hotel fitting right in...IF ONLY THE OWNERS WOULD INVEST SOME $$$ INTO THIER PLACE!! I can see that people might want to stay there and feel like they were staying in Mayberry S.C. Until then...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bette V
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I booked this hotel only knowing that it was in Salinas. when I got there I was taken back by its exterior shabbyness but once I went in I loved how vintage it was it was very clean and yes the floor creeked and the window was a little cracked but its a 100 year old building. We had plenty of towels and the linens were clean and fresh. I even had management come to our room to make sure we had settled in comfortably. There is also a Mexican restaurant downstairs that has really good authentic food. If your used to checking in at 3 or 4 star hotels this is definitely not the place for you. If you can appreciate good customer. Service at a shabby shiek hotel then go try it out.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 19, 2011

when we arrived, our first thought was to leave again, because the place looked all shabby from the outside. Unfortunately we had already paid the room in advance. the guy from the reception suggested to pay another 5 bucks for a so called "deluxe room". i'm going to be straight forward with this: it was a dirty hell, the bathroom was all calcified (even the window) and anything but cleaned; there was mold in the drawers and the closets; the windows were so old you did hear everything from the street (big street, so you better bring some earplugs) and we had a really cold draft all night (there was no heating in our "deluxe" room).

as long as you're in your right mind you should never even think about staying here! take a look at the pictures we took! disgusting place!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends