“Nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Salinas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very nice hotel. It was very clean, nice décor, good beds. It was much nicer than I was expecting for a Holiday Inn Express. Would stay here again.

There are a lot of restaurants and services in close proximity to the hotel.

The breakfast was satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
hiesalinas, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank for the review jackiesun. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice big room. This facility is located at the end of the street and seems to be in a very safe area. I was impressed with our room—clean and comfortable. I was very impressed with the number of available outlets since we travel with laptop, cameras, iPads, phones, etc. that need recharging. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us find a place to eat.

The hotel is located at the end of a dead end street, just off Highway 101. It was a little difficult to find, but there are at least six hotels on the same street. We considered it a good value, especially since Monterrey isn’t that far away and the price was reasonable.

Breakfast was the usual Express fare, but certainly adequate and varied.

My only complaint was the management went to a great deal of expense and trouble to put in a thermostat control neither I (a computer specialist) nor my husband (a professional engineer) could figure out how to operate. There was also a fancy clock that was supposed to beam the time on the ceiling or wall that even the service technician couldn’t get to work. Whatever happened to “keep it simple”?

Room Tip: You may want to stay away from a room that faces the freeway. Ours didn't, but I could see a pro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Dixie M. As a frequent hotel guest myself I'm always looking for close outlets and I'm glad our rooms are above par in that aspect. I will definitely pass on your kind words to our front desk staff. The air condition unit is controlled by a thermostat touch pad unit along the wall which we thought would be more of a convenience for our hotel guests but you are definitely right, in some cases keeping it simple is the best option. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

By far, the nicest hotel on this fairly straightforward hotel/motel row in Salinas.

* Newish construction
* Clean bathrooms w/o sticky fixtures
* Perfectly good linens & bedding
* Friendly & competent staff

Definitely gets the job done as a fine roadside lodging.

The nearby Taqueria Los Altos is a good spot. Also recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

We never get tired of hearing great compliments such as the ones you mentioned SuperCarnitas. Thanks for writing the review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent one night here while in the area on business. I have to admit that I arrived pretty late, and left early. So I didn't get much of an opportunity to sample the amenities. However, overall, I found it to be a great overnight accommodation.

The property is clean and well laid out. My room was spotless. When I needed to print something in the business center, and had difficulty with the computer, the manager offered to let me use the computer at the reception desk to print my document. That's above and beyond service, in my opinion.

The hotel restaurant was spacious, given the relatively small size of this hotel. It wasn't very crowded, either. There was a pretty good variety of food available.

I normally do a good, nitpicks, bad comparison review. But this stay was pretty much all good. I would definitely stay here again when I return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank the_tool_man

Although your trip was short, I'm glad to you hear you had a great stay with us the_tool_man. We pride ourselves in keeping our guest rooms above par so it's a pleasure to hear you say the room was spotless. Things may not always be perfect, such as the hiccup you had with the business center printing station, but I'm glad to hear our front desk staff was accommodating to your needs. We definitely look forward to seeing you again and hopefully next time your stay won't be as short.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is very convenient for highway 101 (it's just a couple of minutes from the exit ramp). The hotel is very modern and well equipped. Bedrooms are very large with masses of storage & hanging space, a big flat screen TV and a DVD player. Outside there is a pool/spa.

On the downside:
- for some reason there were no towel rails so wet towels had to be left on the bench
- there is nowhere to eat locally apart from a burger place and a Mexican restaurant

In summary it's a good place for a stopover on the way to somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LichfieldBoy

Thanks for the review LichfieldBazboy. If you ever travel back this way please ask our front desk staff about our restaurant guide (which includes step by step directions from the hotel). We have a ton of great local restaurants that are only minutes away by driving along with many franchise eateries. Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very trendy decorating in the guest room. Super comfortable bed. Big variety at breakfast. Very quiet, got a good sleep! Premium pricing here---be prepared! It's convenient to CA101. The area looked a little shaky, but there were several fast food places nearby.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review formerexpatCT. Glad to hear you enjoyed your room and stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express for the 3rd or 4th time. The prices have increased a lot in recent years, but it's an excellent facility and has easy access to Monterey, Carmel and even down to Big Sur and the Pinnacles. Very good beds, hot tub and lots of tv channels via DirecTV. Way better than Monterey hotels at comparable prices. Will return next month for the Monterey Jazz Festival.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeC996

Thanks for taking the time to write a review MikeC996. We're very pleased you have chosen our hotel to stay at for your multiple visits and appreciate your business. We're also happy to hear our guests have responded well to the DirecTV upgrade which includes tons of HD channels. We do look forward to your next visit.