“Updating-Under construction”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Salida
Bakersfield, California
“Updating-Under construction”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here before and it was a good choice. Not so this time. They are replacing all the flooring so we were not able to use the elevator. Having a reservation one would think perhaps they would have warned us. Yes I would have made a different choice for this stay but in the future would have stayed here again. Not so now. The place was a mess. Couldn't enjoy the patio area since this is where all the debris and tools for the job and such were. The breakfast was okay but seriously invest in some decent napkins, the cocktail size simply doesn't cut it. Giving this was mine and my husband birthday getaway we were more than disappointed. I realize in a business such as this there is no good time to do a remodel, but at least let those with reservations know about it so they can make the choice to deal with the mess or not. Also it might be good to update your photos since they show a spa next to the pool. Spa is now cemented over.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Average. Nothing special about this place, and certainly nothing special. It was a decent place to crash for the night in Modesto. Room was clean, and breakfast was normal for them. I would stay here again if I had to stay in Modesto.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a business meeting nearby. Arranged for three rooms for business colleagues and myself. I try to stay in either SpringHill Suites or Fairfield Inn and Suites. While the location was good, there was much about this hotel to be desired. The "workout" room only had one of two cardio devices functional and no free weights or dumb bells. The worst part was that it literally took 10 times to load the key into the door to get it to open. When I notified the front desk, they said that I was de-magnetizing the strip with my cell phone. Unfortunately, I wasn't carrying my cell phone and they refused to believe it was the door locking mechanism at fault. Oh yeah, I found some old drink containers on the floor of my room, so much for the thorough cleaning staff. Would not stay here again or recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location is not near anything that you would want to go to in terms of eateries and shops. It's on the opposite side of the tracks (literally) and while it has easy access to the hotel, getting out is a little difficult. I liked that it had a gas station nearby. Good rooms and service from Marriott, especially at the prices, but I much prefer the Marriott Modesto for location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stockton, California
Reviewed January 9, 2013

When I first got to the hotel I thought it was closed. It was almost 6:00pm and was completly dark and there were no outside lights on in the parking lot or on the hotel itself. The gal at check in was very nice. The gal at checkout at 3:00 am was less than helpful. Told me she could not give me a receipt because she was closing out hewr books. Told me I would have to wait 20 minutes! I told her I could not wait for that as I had to go. I am a Marriotts member and I felt this was kind of crappy. She did not even offer to send a email to my e mail address which they do have. I called the hotel upon arriving home and asked for my receipt to be sent. One hour later I still did not have it and called back again only to be told I already sent it to you, and now I have sent it to you twice! Hotel is across the street from train tracks, if your not a sound sleeper I would go elsewhere!

Room Tip: I had asked for a quiet side as I had to leave early. This hotel is by railroad track and a train ca...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Traveling to the Bay Area I stayed in this valley location for one night. It was as expected: the location was easy to find off Hwy. 99, the staff couteous and the room new, clean and fresh. Had a microwave and frig as well. Linens and towels were nice and new seeminly. Planned on leaving very early the next morning and the breakfast was allready in the works, so didn't have to stop somewhere else to eat. Overall, very good experience.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Californa
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for three nights while visiting family for Thanksgiving. The hotel is quite comfortable, with a microwave and fridge in the room and a good king-sized bed. There was a family right next door to us, but we never heard a thing as the sound conditioning seems to be quite good in this hotel. The breakfast offered everything we would want to eat. The staff was warm and friendly. My only complaint is that the bathroom showerhead sprayed all over the place, leaving big puddles on the floor. Also the showerhead was too low to comfortably wash my hair -- had to do quite a back bend to get it rinsed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
SpringHill Suites Modesto
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Best Western Palm Court Inn

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida? Share your experiences!