“Clean and inexpensive”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salida
San Francisco, CA
“Clean and inexpensive”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here during a weekend soccer tournament and it totally met our needs; hot breakfast, swimming pool (although a little small), hot tub, clean and not noisey. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Entrance to smoking room sections are enclosed by glass doors which keeps the smoke out of the non-s...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Victoria
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We have stayed here several times and it never disappoints.
Very clean and spacious rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff, will dedinitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, BC
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews it got on TA but our experience was nothing like those we read about. From the greeting we didn't receive from the sullen clerk at the front desk, to the very much less than clean bathroom (that bathtub hadn't been cleaned in a LONG time and the toilet had scum marks dripping from the rim and a black watermark)!! The in-room coffee was terrible and down in the breakfast room, it was no better. If you read any of my other reviews, you'll see that I'm not really demanding. I would never recommend this hotel - it was seriously wanting. Not at all up to the usual La Quinta standards.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrisKelowna_BC
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Spent a week here in early March 2012. Hotel is extremely clean. The rooms are quite spacious as well. Plenty of "cheaper" places to eat right in the parking lot, including one of my new favorite restaurants, Perkos. I'll review it too. The staff was extremely personable as well. Even the cleaning lady on my floor, although she didn't speak english, knew my name.

I had one small complaint. High winds were blowing out of the north during my stay and the seals on my HVAC unit mounted in the window were not good. The wind was blowing right into the room making it hard to regulate temperature.

Overall, 5 stars. A minor inconvenience doesn't deserve a downgrade. Very pleased and would return without question.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Coyoteguy777
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My wife and I had some business in the nearby town of Ripon, so we stayed here for what ended up being seven nights, December 14-21, 2011. We stayed in room #305.

Wonderful accommodations, and the free breakfast and newspaper each morning was an added plus. The room itself was comfortable and spacious. We loved relaxing in the hot tub several nights during our stay.

I made use of the business center often during the stay and appreciated having the fax machine and printer available.

There is WiFi in each room, but we had trouble getting it to work the first few days. I suspect it may have been my computer's settings, though, since after I adjusted them the connection was flawless. Note that there is also a library next door with Internet access available as well, though the library never seemed to be open.

Though I doubt we were the only guests, the front desk staff made us feel as though we were, tending to our every need.

All in all, we had a great stay. We look forward to staying at La Quinta Salida again sometime if the need arises.

- James and Dione Umbach
Reno, Nevada

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jumbach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida? Share your experiences!