Meadowood Napa Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Eagle & Rose Hotel(St. Helena)
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Hotel St. Helena(St. Helena)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)
Auberge du Soleil(Rutherford)
View Hotel
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort(Calistoga)
1,960 results
All reviewsthe grillgolf coursehiking trailstennis courtscroquet lawnnapa valleyguest servicesbeautiful resortworld classfrench laundrybusiness meetingfitness centerworth every pennywood burning fireplacewine countrythe cottagescan't wait to go back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Another travel advising company recommended this, I almost stopped when I saw the price, but you only once. Our room was huge with a wood burning fireplace we used every night, large deck with furniture, biggest shower in a hotel ever, etc. Service was excellent, our package included breakfast at the main restaurant, we usually had lunch at the pool or out when we were touring wineries. Napa is a unique place in America, should be on everyone's bucket list. We never ate dinner at The Restaurant, with really high prices it was still hard to get into at a reasonable time. They have a driving service that will take and pick up from restaurants so go out and enjoy the wine! Not sure I would go back due to the cost, but really enjoyed checking that one off my list

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Flydupe1
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Meadowood is a gorgeous property hidden deep in a valley off the Silverado Trail just minutes away from downtown St. Helena. It's close enough to everything the region has to offer yet secluded enough to feel like you are away from it all. Meadowood is understated but completely luxurious. I felt like I was staying at the most exclusive adult Summer Camp in the entire world but with no agenda, just complete relaxation.

What struck me most about the room, outside of the fact that it was newly renovated and gorgeous, was that it was the MOST peaceful room I have ever stayed in. If every night could be spent in a Hillside room at Meadowood, I would be one well-rested individual! The room was equipped with an Illy espresso machine which produced a tasty mid-day pick me up; a fireplace which produced a beautiful crackling fire (yes, even in August!); and an extremely comfortable bed with exquisite linens. The only fault of the room was with the bathtub which was difficult to get in and out of due to the width of the tub ledge. Just a small design oversight but otherwise it was perfect.

In terms of activities, we were disappointed that the 9-hole golf course was closed due to construction but it didn't come as a surprise considering we inquired about playing when we booked the room. They also sent a notification in advance of arrival. We did hike the trail on property twice and only ran into one other couple in 2 hours spent hiking. We also used the adult pool and thought it was great and very accommodating. For example, we brought a bottle of our own wine to the pool and the staff brought us an ice bucket and stemware. We did not play tennis, croquet or use the spa but the facilities all looked very inviting.

In terms of restaurants, we only dined at the Grill for brunch on one occasion. The food was very good but it took an extremely long time to be served. We saw at least 2 different tables arrive, eat and leave all before we were served our food. Strange but we were relaxed and in no hurry so we were not annoyed, just perplexed. If you want to sit on the deck you should call ahead of your arrival and reserve a table.

In terms of service (outside of the food service delay), it was exceptional, as expected. Every single staff member was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping seemed to manage our room at the most ideal times, yet they were completely invisible.

A couple of the perks we enjoyed most were the wine reception from 4:30-5:30pm in the lobby and the car service to/from downtown St. Helena. If you need to use it, book it as soon as you know you want to use it otherwise you risk it being not available, which is a shame. On a side note the refreshments served in the lobby, like coffee in the AM, lemonade, ice tea, and cookies in the PM are delicious!

Overall, it was an amazing experience and one we will not soon forget.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Meadowood seems to be in a state of faded glory, while the rooms were spacious and clean, their run down 80s/90s fittings and furnishings really showed their age. The whole place has a bit of a campground vibe, which is nice, but not expected at this extravagant price point. Hotel service was good however...

...The restaurant. We arrived to Meadowood with another couple after a long car ride through traffic from SFO. We had reservations at 9pm at "The Restaurant" and while we were a bit tired from traveling (the other couple had flown in from Chicago) we looked forward to a great meal and some great wine.

Things got weird immediately, my friend's heel got caught in a large gap in the floor as we entered and her shoe got stuck. Rather than expressing their concern, the staff seemed to insinuate that she was drunk. We had only arrived about 45 minutes earlier and rushed straight to the restaurant. While we were very much looking forward to some great wine, we had yet to have the opportunity to even have a drop. (regardless, she could have twisted an ankle, fallen or whatever, tipsy or not that is a major safety issue and she cant be the only person in heels at "The Restaurant") After being seated, we were greeted by our server with "I heard you guys are here to party!!" Not exactly the greeting I expect when I'm about to drop a few grand on dinner. This overly familiar approach continued, with our server asking "I hear you work in Hollywood" an inquiry basically exposing the fact that he/they were eavesdropping on our conversations.

The bad and strange service only got worse when we were genuinely inquiring for some wine selection advice from the wine director. The dinner menu is not revealed to the guests but is a surprise, so regardless of your level of oenological knowledge, some guidance is needed. Her response, I kid you not was "Well... you could start with a white.. Then, maybe move on to a red. But, if you like white, you can do whatever you like!" This isn't Applebees where the choices are pinot grigio and cabernet. We made all the usual indicators about price point and expressed interest in the wonderfully expansive and unique list, indicated our interest in unique wines and relatively large budget and got pretty much zero help. It's a shame, as its a great list!

Absolutely the strangest service I've had at any Michelin starred restaurant. Which is really too bad because the food is spectacular. We dined at French Laundry the next night, and Meadwood definitely won out on some dishes.

I'm aware they are renovating some of the rooms and the golf course, so maybe they will renovate their waitstaff as well in the future. Till then, avoid this one at this pricepoint.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room, we did not get to see the newer rooms but the older ones are definitely tired.
7  Thank BryanGodwin
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Construction going on so good morning to tractors and noise. Was not told at booking by American Express. Spent $3000.00 for two nights and I am not happy. The bed is too soft and feels cheap. The pool was filled by kids and lap swimmers; adults only? Staff is young and clueless. This is my 3rd stay in 15 years and my last. The grill was really good, staff and food was excellent; loved the Hamburgers, but of course the restaurant with its 3 star status is expectedly pretentious, and hysterical.

4  Thank GlennG986
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We came with our 2 kids an Meadowood upgraded our room to a beautiful suite- the room was absolutely magnificent and the hotel staff were helpful and educated about property and surrounding areas. The hikes around property were some of the best hikes we have been on-our kids even love it!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel