For my wife's birthday we spent two nights at Meadowood. This was our first visit to Napa. Some of our friends forecasted - once you go to Meadowood, you won't be staying anywhere else. We thought we could tell within an hour of arriving how true that was.
Service - impeccable. The service is all bright, cheerful and warm. A sense that the bellmen, front desk, room servers, etc. all genuinely want to help you permeates every part of service.
Grounds - incredible. This is a luxurious outdoor experience. The weather and the forested nature of the grounds made for a beautiful setting.
Rooms - incredible. The room we had was spacious and looked like it came from a designer catalog. The bathroom was very well appointed. We also loved the fireplace.
So what keeps Meadowood from 5 stars? It wasn't the fact that golf was pulled off the table on me a few days prior to arrival. It was the failure of their concierge.
The concierge helped get us a spot at the Chefs Counter at the Restaurant. I want to say that before I describe what happened just to say the concierge isn't a total failure.
We asked the concierge to put us on the wait list at the French Laundry. We knew this was a very long shot. I emailed her and said be sure to have them call my cell. I also emailed to check with her on the status before we arrived. What happened is that the day we were in the wait list the French Laundry called my home in Texas and didn't leave a message (while I was in Napa). Fortunately our babysitter noticed it on the caller id and called me. I called but it was too late. I did call the concierge and explained this. The hotel manager on duty did call me and said that I was now at the top of the wait list. Whoop-dee-doo.
Unfortunately this black mark discolors our impression of this hotel. We were ready at one point to call and ask for another night we were enjoying it so much. However after the incident we decided to continue on our trip. We will come back to Napa but we will see if it is to Meadowood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meadowood is a center of social, cultural and viticultural life in Napa Valley and a second home for those who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country. The property features championship croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole walking golf course, hiking trails, swimming, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa, wine experiences, an annual cultural affairs calendar, guest rooms, suites and cottages and Michelin three-star dining in The Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meadowood Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel St. Helena
- Meadowood Napa Valley Resort
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA