“Speechless!”

Meadowood Napa Valley
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We just spent our Honeymoon @ Meadowood. The service began back in February, 2013 when we booked, and the hits just keep on coming! The word "no" is not in their vocabulary. The service was impeccable, every angle..from everyone! Our room was quaint, yet luxurious. Our view was of the croquet course and the lush fairways. The fireplace was crackling for us, champagne awaited us from the manager, every amenity we could ever ask for was all there! The meal at the restaurant was a once in a lifetime experience. Trying to find the words to share since hoping someone will read this...unique doesn't do it. Stylized almost does it. The experience hit on all senses. The taste...captivating. The smells...tantalizing. The setting...zen like in the simplicity and luxurious. The service there? Ha! No words...we met the chef and toured the kitchen. It's expensive. Ignore Randolph314, there is no reason in the world to pick this place apart. Go! Spend the money! Life is short, you live once! Notice all the surrounding beauty! What a honeymoon spot. Would go again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarTracy2013
There are newer reviews for Meadowood Napa Valley

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Unique resort in the hills above Napa. Each room is a separate cottage. Beautiful rooms. Amazing restaurant! You can do a 3 course tasting menu at the bar (only 4-5 seats so make a reservation) actual restaurant is 12 courses! Small bites in the lounge gives you a taste of what this talented chef can do! A fun experience coupled with Sam's cocktails and a staff who provides service beyond compare. Smart and charming. A place were the longer you stay the more you love it.

Room Tip: Try to stay not too far up the hill - nice to be able to walk during the day light!
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My 3-star rating is purely relative to the high cost of staying at Meadowood. It is a very nice resort, but given the cost I expected more. Our room was not as spacious as I would have expected given that it cost about $1400 per night, the interior was a mixed bag (the bed was very nice, but the carpet and sofa were of a much lower quality), the pool was ok but nothing special, and I'm informed by my wife that the spa was run down. On the plus side, the service was excellent and we had good meals throughout our stay. Ultimately I expect a special experience at this price range, and I don't think it was delivered. Next time I'll go back to Carneros or Solage.

One other note: I know that tipping is a customary practice and that only a small minority of hotels have no-tipping policies, but it becomes annoying when something like 150 people are involved in the check-in process. I shouldn't have to carry lots of small bills just to check in and the whole routine of handing money to people detracts from what is supposed to be a relaxing stay. I would have added a fourth star if the hotel paid its staff a bit more, increased the room prices correspondingly, and adopted a no-gratuity policy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Randolph314
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at Meadowood Resort over Labor Day weekend as we were getting married nearby. We had the majority of our guests book at Meadowood as well and everyone was equally impressed and thrilled with the service, the staff, the food, the beauty and overall perfection of the property. I had many conversations with the reservations & sales staff (Tamra!) before I arrived and they absolutely set the tone of the weekend. Every question was answered thoroughly and thoughtfully and efficiently. As a bride to be, you couldn't ask for anything more! Thank you Meadowood for making our weekend unforgettable! Can't wait to come back next year!

1  Thank KatieDunn2
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This beautiful estate set on 250 acres in the woods is beautifully maintained and serviced. Every guest room is private with a separate entrance so you are never sharing a wall with anyone. All accommodations come with an outdoor terrace and a fireplace. There are world class tennis courts and a nice, simple gym.

The grill, one of the restaurants offers the most phenomenal corned beef hash I have ever had. The burgers are good. They will tell you that it is one of the best but I've had better. The most noteworthy person at the estate is the grill's manager, Paul Pilson. My husband and I were there with friends in July during a massive heatwave. The air conditioning was not working on our last night in Napa and Paul moved us in to a private room and gave us the most unbelievable service. I am from New York. I am hard to please and I mention his name and want to thank him because the entire trip could have ended on a bad note but he really made such a special effort to make us feel at home and comfortable. I cannot thank him and his staff enough for the wonderful service.

There is a wine tasting at 4pm every day as well. It is pleasant and social but I think they could have stepped up the wines a bit with the plethora of world class wineries all around them.

All in all, Meadowood is a very special place. It is expensive but it is really something truly stunning and I wouldn't stay anywhere else while in Napa. Don't miss it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a beautiful resort surrounding by lush forest and of course, wineries. The staff goes far beyond the norm in service and are courteous and extremely well versed in the the menus, drink ingredients and the Napa area. Our room was a Treeline suite with patio and wood burning fireplace. The food is some of the best you will experience - ever! You will need a rental car to get here and I suggest flying in to Oakland as it is a trek of about two hours from SFO. Bear in mind that Napa traffic moves slowly, so leave your city-centric schedule behind.

My only suggestion for the resort is that our room needed a mattress upgrade. I hate to even report that because the rest of our stay (early Sept. 2013) was pristine. Pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and serene (Treeline). Due to stairs and steep inclines, might not be suitable fo...
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here three nights to attend a wedding last week. I knew this hotel had a great reputation but the experience far exceeded my expectations. From your arrival to check out, every interaction with their staff was first rate. They go the extra mile with every request constantly telling you they want to enhance your experience. The cottages were exceedingly clean, beautifully decorated with huge bathrooms and every amenity. Tucked into the trees, the porch rocker is the best place to enjoy coffee or wine. The hiking trails are amazing and the pool exercise classes were very popular. The food at our wedding dinner was so good we wanted to stay another day just to have another meal. It's hard to have stand out food in the Napa area where most of the restaurants are great. If you want to be spoiled and spend time in another world entirely, go here, even if only once in your life!

Room Tip: Golf course rooms are nice and central. Rooms 4-12
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 30 in Napa
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Meadowood Napa Valley? Share your experiences!