“Understated Luxury”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
san francisco
“Understated Luxury”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Top notch in every way! Luxury without the stuffiness or attitude-simple elegance at its best! We stayed in a tree line cottage for two nights-simple but perfect-clean lines, frette linens, super comfy bed, Molton Brown toiletries-cute deck with a table and chairs for yummy room service breakfasts-very private. Spent an afternoon at the adult pool-attentive service, delicious cocktails and lunch. Had a massage-you don't come here for the spa as it is simple but it gets the job done-steam and sauna in locker room.
We dined one night at The Restaurant bar-great service and fabulous cocktails created by top notch mixologist Sam-kuddos to him-he even picks his own plums for one of his creations-this guy is serious about his craft! The $90 3 course tasting meal was delicious alibet quiet small--we ordered the cheese plate from room service when we got back to our room-but it was an enjoyable evening and a great preview to our dinner the next night in the main dining room. (More on that in a minute)
We played a round of golf on their cute par 3 course-it was perfect as this was my first time swinging the clubs in over 5 years. I must admit though I was a bit surprised that the course wasn't in better shape--it is in need of some attention-but it was fine for my purpose. A cocktail and snack from the grill was perfect after our round. We borrowed bikes and headed to town for the afternoon-bikes are great and easy to ride.
Our dinner at The Restaurant was an experience-it is worthy of its 3 Michelin stars-you are not given a menu and have to relinquish all control to the chef-which I loved!! We also did the wine pairing and left all the choices to the sommelier-another fabulous decision. The service was perfect-not stuffy-approachable and professional-just a great dining experience can't say enough good things about it-and we were full when we left!
The service at Meadowood is outstanding-everyone is friendly, sincere and seem truly happy to be working there--really top notch!
Job well done Meadowood-we will be back-maybe with the kiddies in tow next time!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Business trip, but brought the wife along. Greeted at the gate, from then on every employee greeted me by name. They must radio ahead. Just the first clue as to the incredible customer service I would enjoy over the next few days. Complimentary wine and cheese every afternoon. Beautiful golf course (I didn't partake), beautiful croquet grounds (same). I did manage to hike around the grounds on the marked trails and that was very pretty. There is a good bar on site with outdoor seating and a menu. I ate there once, and also at the poolside restaurant. Food and service were excellent both times. I also used the conference facilities for an afternoon, very large room and nice. The catering was also excellent. The ROOM. Oh my gosh, my room was excellent. Like a cabin, but so much better. Comfy bed, 180-degree views. Deck overlooking the golf course and the trails. A living room with couch, and an espresso maker. Huge bathroom. Can I retire here? The bill I received at the end: not for the faint of heart. But if you would spend that kind of money, you would expect sterling accomodations and service. That's what I received. Close to numerous vineyards. My wife had a blast (while I worked).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited for 4 day and celebrated a birthday for my wife. Excellent experience and the service is outstanding. Very service oriented and the consierges are excellent. Will and Bob will help you with any need and guide you to an over the top experience at winery's. The Resturant is an experience in of itself and when you name your Resturant "The Resturant" you better be good. The accomidations are private and excellent. All in all one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I'm already planning another visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lima, Peru
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hidden Hotel/resort/spa but VERY PRIVATE!!! The rooms are secluded and you can get them in different sizes with a fire place and terrace. You see nobody and nobody sees you! In the middle of the wood GREAT PLACE! It is a Relais chateau so WHAT CAN YOU LOOSE? "nothing"!!! Good service, good food, great ambiance and a Fantastic, pleasant and SUPER USEFUL Concierge; Bob Magnani makes almost everything possible! Ok, it is a little expensive but definitely NOT overpriced. You get for what you pay! Totally recommend it!!!

Room Tip: Rooms look bigger of what they are! Do not miss the BREAKFAST!!! send your requirements in advance...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Meadowood for my surprise 30th birthday trip, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else after our experience. Not only is it beautiful, off the beaten path, with every amenity anyone could ever need or want but it's unique to any place I have stayed before. Our room felt like a private treehouse - no common walls, our own patio and spectacular natural views. We arrived very late at night and were welcomed as any other daytime guests would have been, we felt nothing but accommodated. Bob Magnani at Meadowood assisted my husband in creating the most spectacular itinerary for our trip so our first time to Napa was perfectly utilized. We will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed June 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were very much pampered the whole time there – from the moment of booking the stay, the arrival, the stay, and the departure; the Resort was extraordinary in service, food, facilities, and care for the clients. We ate stunning food, drank superb wine, swam, hiked the trails, and got some well needed rest. Thier staff’s attention to detail is beyond excellent – and everything they set up was there on our arrival. Extraordinary!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My Wife, and I travel extensively and have become accustomed to good wine, great food and impeccable service. Our stay at Meadowood was simply the Best. The grounds are beautifully maintained. The quiet private rooms are constructed to fit carefully into the natural setting, but best of all is the unbelievably creative Restaurant. Tucked away off Silverado Trail near St. Helena in the Napa Vally of California lies one of the most beautiful places on earth. The customer service there is outstanding. Our every request was provided for promptly, and the Wine Tasting Dinner was as beautiful to look at as it was to eat. If you want to have a truly memorable experience check out Meadowood Napa Valley, this resort is truly the Best of the Best.

Room Tip: All the rooms share the wonderful ambiance of a quite valley.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 9 in St. Helena
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa

Been to Meadowood Napa Valley? Share your experiences!