Top notch in every way! Luxury without the stuffiness or attitude-simple elegance at its best! We stayed in a tree line cottage for two nights-simple but perfect-clean lines, frette linens, super comfy bed, Molton Brown toiletries-cute deck with a table and chairs for yummy room service breakfasts-very private. Spent an afternoon at the adult pool-attentive service, delicious cocktails and lunch. Had a massage-you don't come here for the spa as it is simple but it gets the job done-steam and sauna in locker room.
We dined one night at The Restaurant bar-great service and fabulous cocktails created by top notch mixologist Sam-kuddos to him-he even picks his own plums for one of his creations-this guy is serious about his craft! The $90 3 course tasting meal was delicious alibet quiet small--we ordered the cheese plate from room service when we got back to our room-but it was an enjoyable evening and a great preview to our dinner the next night in the main dining room. (More on that in a minute)
We played a round of golf on their cute par 3 course-it was perfect as this was my first time swinging the clubs in over 5 years. I must admit though I was a bit surprised that the course wasn't in better shape--it is in need of some attention-but it was fine for my purpose. A cocktail and snack from the grill was perfect after our round. We borrowed bikes and headed to town for the afternoon-bikes are great and easy to ride.
Our dinner at The Restaurant was an experience-it is worthy of its 3 Michelin stars-you are not given a menu and have to relinquish all control to the chef-which I loved!! We also did the wine pairing and left all the choices to the sommelier-another fabulous decision. The service was perfect-not stuffy-approachable and professional-just a great dining experience can't say enough good things about it-and we were full when we left!
The service at Meadowood is outstanding-everyone is friendly, sincere and seem truly happy to be working there--really top notch!
Job well done Meadowood-we will be back-maybe with the kiddies in tow next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meadowood is a center of social, cultural and viticultural life in Napa Valley and a second home for those who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country. The property features championship croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole walking golf course, hiking trails, swimming, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa, wine experiences, an annual cultural affairs calendar, guest rooms, suites and cottages and Michelin three-star dining in The Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meadowood Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel St. Helena
- Meadowood Napa Valley Resort
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA