From the moment we arrived it was vacation time.We started out having lunch at The Grill.Service was great and so was the food! We sat outside on the deck overlooking the golf course.When we checked in they took our luggage as our room was not ready yet.We had booked golf and enjoyed the beautiful course.After golf our luggage had been taken to our room.Our room was bright and airy with a sitting area,stone fireplace and large deck surrounded by trees.The bar area was stocked with many choices of wine and liquor.The ice bucket was already filled.Spacious bathroom with soft terry robes.We booked dinner at The Restaurant that night and it was our only disappointment our whole weekend.We were looking forward to dining there Saturday night.I loved being picked up by a driver and taken to the restaurant.They were always so friendly and the service is a great perk to have.We stepped in to the restaurant and there was no one to greet us.To one side was a fireplace with people sitting around it and straight ahead was a bar.We waited and then walked to the left which was not the restaurant then started to the right when a young woman came out and then greeted us.She then led us to the table but I couldn't follow her because she went in between the middle bar and a table and there wasn't room to get by so I went around another way.When seated no one came to the table for quite sometime.When we did have someone come we asked for help with the wine list which also took a long time.Our service definitely lacked the whole night.We will talk more about it in the restaurant review.The next morning I got up early and did the hiking trail around the resort.The trail was a good work out and the views were incredible.I loved that they had water bottles placed throughout the trail.Very nice touch and unexpected but appreciated as it was a tougher hike then I thought it would be.I would love to come back and try the Spa,pool and tennis that was also available.We ate the next evening at The French Laundry which was the wonderful dining experience we had expected at Meadowood but didn't get.We slept in and loved that The Grill served breakfast anytime.It made for a wonderful relaxing morning and brunch experience.I can't say enough about how friendly and wonderful the staff were.We also enjoyed the wine tasting in the reception lodge.The flowers and landscape were beautiful and our room was comfortable and immaculate.Our thanks to the concierge who arranged our reservations for dining at other places and was very attentive to our needs before we came.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meadowood is a center of social, cultural and viticultural life in Napa Valley and a second home for those who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country. The property features championship croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole walking golf course, hiking trails, swimming, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa, wine experiences, an annual cultural affairs calendar, guest rooms, suites and cottages and Michelin three-star dining in The Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meadowood Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel St. Helena
- Meadowood Napa Valley Resort
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA